Thread: Ripped off, car repair..........

Ripped off, car repair..........

Last Thursday I traveled from Seattle to East of Portland, still 3 hours away from my destination. When my transmission started to leak. I found the nicest people in a repair shop. To make a LONG story short, I paid $622. and picked up the car Sunday and returned to Washington. Today the transmission leaks. I take it in to our shop at 8am tomorrow. Maybe there was more than one leak, maybe I got ripped off???? My Dad, a retired auto repair man, said if he didn't repalce the 'bushings' it could still leak. The 'nice people' never mention 'bushings' nor was I charged for them on my itimized statement. I took it to our guy and he saw it leak and said' if they didn't relace the 'bushings' it could still leak'. He didn't have time to look at it further tonight though. Guess we'll see tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have to pay another $622. to this guy. But if he has to drop the transmission I'd better get a 2nd job......
    I did make it to Bend for my Mom's chemo on Friday. My Uncle brought me his truck to use for the wk end.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Im sorry to hear youre having so much trouble, and with your mothers treatment on your mind, even worse! hopefully it won't cost you another $600!. good luck and let us know...