Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got back from the Emergency Vets

Phew!

Just now seen this, I'm glad that they are all alright

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

6/21/03 Not so good update:

On thursday when I went to Tico's and Max's to let them out before I left for work, I thought Max was walking sorta slow. And then he didn't jump up on me for his biscuit, but he ate it. Then Friday he did jump up but still slower than normal. Not running to out and go potty. I figured he may have went in the house. I didn't give it much thought that day. Friday night, I got an E Mail from their Mom. She took Max to the vet again on Monday cause he was panting and drinking a lot. Blood work came back bad. Not sure why. They put him on Amoxicillion (sp?) and Vitiman K. The K is for the rat poison. I don't see how he could still have it in him after all this time?? Oh PLEASE don't let there be more of it around. His Mom took him to the park Monday, maybe he ate something there, and it isn't even related to the rat poision day. But then why would the vet put him on the K. Blood test would show if it were too thin. And that is what the poison does, thin the blood so much that they (rat) bleed internally and die. It's called coumidian. Also a human drug to thin the blood of people that have heart enlargement or blockages. I will call her when she gets home tonight.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Oh no!!!!!!!: It sounds like he still has the affects of the rat poison in his system Hopefully the added vit. K will do the trick this time. Every week seems I hear of another dog that has eaten D-Con. Hopefully their Mom has done a re-check of the house for any containers that might not have been removed. Please let check in when you can. Max will be in my prayers...all fingers and paws crossed here. {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh no!!!!!!!: It sounds like he still has the effects of the rat poison in his system Hopefully the added vit. K will do the trick this time. Every week seems I hear of another dog that has eaten D-Con. Hopefully their Mom has done a re-check of the house for any containers that might not have been removed. Please let check in when you can. Max will be in my prayers...all fingers and paws crossed here. {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Holy Smoke I just caught this thread!! I hope Max is doing better--Please post an update when you get time.Sending lots of love your way!

Today is Max's last day of vitiman K pills. Then I think she takes him back for another blood test to see if there is any left in him. Not sure on that part. When I let him out yesterday he seemed his old self again. He went to a new groomer and got the best hair cut ever. I will try to get a pic. of him today when I go let them out and post it.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

How is Max doing? I hope he is better!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)