Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your dog afraid of?

What is your dog afraid of?

I don't know if this question has ever been raised here but I was just curious. Yesterday was "Township Day" and it ended with fireworks. It is held in a field about a mile from my home and the noise was such that we might as well have been right there. Bella felt the need to bark during the finale and Ripley sat on the sofa and shook off and on. I felt bad for the little guy. Later on my son came home and he had bought a new umbrella. (We have had unbelievable amounts of rain around here, but that's another story! LOL) Well, when he pushed the button to open it Ripley started barking at the opened up umbrella. When you push the button again it automatically closes up. Instead of barking at it as it closed up he jumped straight up in the air and backwards. Needless to say my son found this very funny and play the 'umbrella game' a few times. Each time Ripley responded the same way. We were both laughing so hard! Silly boy!

Is your dog afraid of anything?

Pam, I hear you about the rain

Anyway, Abbey is our scaredy-dog. She is afraid of so much. I haven't had them for fireworks yet, but it's coming up soon--our town does a huge show for the 4th. Abbey is afraid of the guitar, the drums (she barks and howls incessantly when my husband plays--I had to make a new rule that he could only play when I'm not home), the brush, and plenty of other inanimate objects. Thunderstorms don't bother her though.
    Kito is more skittish than afraid--he acts all tough, but if there's a loud noise when he's lying down, he jumps so high--it's funny!!
    Riley is a tough guy--he's only afraid of Kito and cats. All Kito has to do is look at him and he runs. And I took him to my friend's house with cats, and he hid the whole time.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Can I say everything? Cause thats what Zeke seems to be afraid of lol

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Chloe is very afraid of the vacuum. When she was a puppy, she chewed through the cord. We fixed it and she chewed through it in 6 places. She really doesn't like the vaccum. Lucky for her, I don't use the vacuum any more frequently than I absolutely must. Other than the vacuum, she is a pretty fearless dog. Her cousin Jaxun, on the other hand, shakes uncontrollably in fear at fireworks, thunder and other loud noises. (he is not bothered by the vacuum)

Kai seems to find fireworks amusing. He heard fire crackers a few times and he just starting barking and running to the window to find out who it was. lol..silly pooch. He's also afraid of my dad. Kai tends to be a bit shy with strangers (unless they're in our house, then he just "welcomes" them with a half an hour barking session). A funny thing that he is afraid of is the plastic bottom of his crate. I take it out to clean since he eats his raw bones/food in there and he just ran away from me, so I started chasing him with it LOL.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    Abbey is afraid of the guitar, the drums (she barks and howls incessantly when my husband plays--
    My son also plays guitar but the dogs don't seem to notice or mind. I can just imagine Abbey howling along with the music. I have seen videos like that on Animal Planet and they are soooo funny! I think it's a hound thing because they are usually bassets or beagles! LOL!

Cincy is afraid of loud noises...thunder if she is outside, fireworks, the vacuum etc. She has gotten so much better inthe last year though (since last 4th of July) I hope when this year's festivities roll around we don't go backward!!!

I have seen prodcuts "Comfort Zone" which I think is simialar to Feliway or rescue remedy , but designed for Dogs. I know several people on the cats side of things have used similar products to help ease the stress of their cats. Anyone ever tried something lile this for the dogs?

Chester's afraid of almost nothing. Can't think of anything. Millie's afraid of everything. Big dogs, cats, cameras, hair dryer freaks her out. Pretty much anything new or unusual. My RB Stolly was afraid of cameras, flashlights, brooms and mops, and thunder.

Oh, boy, I can't believe I forgot about the hair dryer--Abbey cannot handle it!!! She and Kito used to go crazy over the vaccuum too, and we finally sat her down and told her she needs to accept the household appliances,lol. The hair dryer just drives her nuts though--she barks and jumps at it!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Molli, Zoe and Rosie are all afraid of Iggie, my iguana. Bart finds her very interesting. Rose, my 200 lb. rottweiler is afraid of Riley, my hamster. lol!!! Iggie is afraid of the cats and the vacuum. Bart is afraid of the vacuum and me for some reason. Louie, the tokay gecko, is afraid of me. But that's EVERY tokay gecko.

I don't know if you could say that Ripley is afraid of the vacuum but he barks at it and tries to bite it if I vacuum close to where he is. I think the little light bothers him. HA!

Very intersting to read about all of ya'lls fur babies fears. Cisco never use to be scared of anything until...One day when we were sitting in a bench on St. Gearge st in St. Sugustine, Fl were it is very crowded most of the time. Well, some young boys had a couple boxes of those snap things. Ya know those things ya throw on the ground and they pop kindda like a firecracker. One of the boys ran right up to the end of the bench and threw a couple of them on the ground!!! Absolutely scared my poor Cisco out of his skin!!(he was sleeping). I didn't see it coming and couldn't avoid it. Now Cisco is afraid of anything that makes a similiar sound.
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

FAlon and Shadow are afraid of my boyfriend. falon and Rikki are afraid of vaccuums and brooms (why brooms.....?) BEau is to stupid to be afraid of anything. i also think rikki is afraid to be alone...

my dog is scared of..........EVERYTHING!!!.......he's scared of the wind,rain,toys,food,me,my family,literally everything!

he will walk up to you so you can pet him,but he will get scared after a few min.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Tiffany is afraid of the {{{ DARK}}} and not being able to see me around the corner. She boltted inside and once, and crashed into my legs she was running so fast one night after being outside for toilet.
    Mich