Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

At the risk of stepping on some people's toes, I am going to make a request. I want it known from the beginning, that I take full responsibility in posting this thread and was not coerced by anyone. NO ONE is obligated in any way and you need not post on this thread if it has in any way pressured or embarrassed you. There are people here at pet talk from all walks of life and all age groups and we realize not everyone can jump t o the aid of others (even though they may love to be able to do so) So with the disclaimer out of the way here goes:

Naomi's precious Bassett is VERY ill. In need of a very expensive surgery in order to live. Here is a quote:
    I just took Bassett to the emergency vet. She was open mouth breathing. If I can find the money to do this surgery, I'm going to go for it. She needs it. I can't keep having her tapped every three days.

I just don't know what to do for the cost. It's a LOT of money. I need a 50% deposit, and the estimate was $4750. Where am I going to find money like that? Luckily, I can pay the remaining balance over three months. I told her that I JUST graduated and had not yet found work, and so once the deposit is paid, I have three months to come up with the rest. Sigh. It's so much money, but Bassett really needs this porcedure. Please pray that the answers will somehow become clear to me
    My proposition is to donate a small amount to this surgery. After all, if 100 people sent $10 each, Naomi would be 1/4 of the way to the total amount needed.

At this time I do not have the address, this is only posted to find out if anyone is with me on this "mission".

One final thought.........................next time it may be your beloved pet.

I will see what we can do. If you get the adress we might be able to donate some money. If only I had a Job I would send more. It is up to my dad, I wil ltalk to him, I hope we can, I really want to help out.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Thanks that you asked Jen. I will contribute.

I posted on the other thread, but I would be glad to help out.

As soon as you have and address and the vet's name, I will be glad to send a check. The cost is in Canadian dollars, isn't that correct?

I was thinking last night that this would be a good idea. I'll send something.

i will help her!!
    Phylicia

I would like to help.
    Will they cash American Money orders?
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Jen...

Great Idea, Me & Steve would love to help but what is the best way to donate non USA Dollars.

Cheques ?
    Postal Orders ?

Or could Naomi set up a paypal account ?

That way everyone from foreign parts can pay direct to Bassett's funds. (And noone has to pay exchange fees, more money for Bassett) It would be easy than messing with personal cheques etc.

Naomi...
    If you want to create a paypal account you can go here and then lets us know the details of Bassett account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...gistration-run
    &
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.../index-outside
    Last edited by PayItForward; 06-08-2003 at 12:28 PM.

Doesn't PayPal charge a percentage?
    I will contact Bassett's vet and find out the best way for us all to contribute.

I had been thinking about this and had PM'd Karen about it.
    Will gladly help of course.
    Steffi and Lovable

I helped Naomi before, and will so again.

Here's what I know: You can donate in a U.S. money order.

I have her personal address, but I'm unable to post it, for her privacy.

I hope that figure IS in CAN$ That would be a big psychological difference for us Americans, even if it is still the same big figure for poor Naomi.

Please send her a little help. She has never asked for any.

This is Nathan / Lirathal posting under Naomi's name because she just read the post and is crying, and can't find the words to reply. Honestly I find myself even emotional at the thought of this community coming together for the sake of my girlfriend and her beloved Bassett. We all have been trying to help by donating our time, monies, and love. I am currently going to school and have no income, I'm working off of a $24,000 line of credit and I'm basically living on borrowed money, but that will never stop me from taking care of my "kids". I respect you all for the commitment to life that you have all made, and send my deepest thanks for an act of giving and charity that makes the heart warm and the soul shine. I'm not an eloquent writer and I don't claim to have the words to speak for Naomi, but just watching her get up from her computer, point to the screen and start crying was enough to tell me how much it meant to her and to the "kids", especially Bassett. I don't know that I really can find anymore words to express mine and Naomi's deepest gratitude for even the thoughts and prayers you all have sent. I'm sure Naomi will find better words than I, but I felt that something needed to be said. Thank you all again for your emotional support of Naomi over the past couple of hard months, it has meant a lot to her and myself as well.

Warmest Regards,
    Nathan
    AKA
    Lirathal

Ok, this is Naomi for real now

Wow.. I just can't believe this. I'm so overwhelmed and I'm a bit of a blubbering fool right now because of all this generosity and help. I wish I could find a way to let you all know how much this means to me. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life.

I've called the Critical Care Hospital, and I've left a message for the hospital administrator to call me. Her name is Sharon, and she will be calling me tomorrow (Monday). I will be over in the area starting tomorrow afternoon for about four days, so I can go in there and talk to her in person and maybe set something up. I will post the Critcal Care address and phone number right here, so you can call and verify if you want (it's sad that we have to be cautious, but I totally understand).

I have not booked Bassett's surgery as of yet, but I will be doing that tomorrow. It will likely be two weeks from tomorrow (the surgeon wants it to be on a Monday). I hadn't decided if I was going to do it, not because of whether I thought it was a good idea, but because I didn't know if I could afford it. You have all made Bassett's life a possibility.

Here is the hospital info:

Animal Critical Care Group
    1410 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5K 4V3
    Phone: 604-473-4882
    Fax: 604-473-4898
    Email: [email protected]

The surgeon for this case is Dr. Schiller (I can't remember her first name). The account is under Naomi Anderson and Bassett. The hospital administrator is Sharon, but like I said, she's calling me tomorrow and she isn't in on the weekends.

If anyone wants my personal address, please PM me. I don't want to post it on the internet.. I'm afraid some people might take advantage of the situation. Again, it's sad, but we have to be careful.

If you call the hospital and they don't know what you are talking about, remember, the surgery hasn't been scheduled yet. As soon as that is done, I will post her dates to keep you all informed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times, thank you all. I love you all to death and I feel like I have just been swept up into the biggest hug I've ever received. I will keep you all informed as soon as I know more.

Thank you.

14. Jen....Of course... let me know how...

Naomi,

That's what we're all here for. To support each other both emotionally and sometimes monetarily. You've got my support. And Nathan, that was a wonderful post. She's very lucky to have you!

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

[[[[[[[[[tons of hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!