Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone but never forgotten

Gone but never forgotten

With the recent loss of furbaby of one of our new members and the grief that we all remember so well, I thought that this might be a time to post some pictures of the ones that were so dear to us at the Rainbow Bridge.

This first post for Sudilar, it is of her beloved Avalanch.

This is my beautiful Dessi sleeping with Shiloh soon after I brough Shiloh into the house after Dessi being an only pet for 13 years. She was so wonderful with Shiloh. I miss her like crazy.

This is a photo of our beloved "Kona," named after that beautiful Island, who crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge when she was 14 years old in October 2000.

Thank you, Rachel, for posting my dear, darling Avalanche. She was so beautiful and her hair was so soft. She lived to the old age of 12 1/2 (that's old for a Great Pyr). She used to always put her big slobbery head on my lap (and I didn't mind)! She also had a mind of her own. What a stubborn girl, she was. But she sure could love. She's been gone for 5 years now. I still miss her.

Avalanch, Dessi, Kona. Oh, it just makes me break into tears. They are all so beautiful. Look at those faces. You can see such love in their eyes. Dessi reminds me so much of my beautiful lab Jingles who left for the Rainbow Bridge Sept. 5, 1998. She was my dog of a lifetime. I miss her so, and I know you all miss your babies so much as well. Thank you for sharing their very special, very beautiful photographs. I would love to post a pic. of my Jing. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. But I do want everyone to see what a beautiful girl she was. Rachel, thank you for such a wonderful tribute to our gone, but NEVER FORGOTTEN angels.

In my heart of hearts you are my love of loves. Bailey, my dog of a lifetime, you showed me the depth of love and wealth of companionship. You could read my mind and my heart. You were my obedient one and my smarty pup. You knew I could not live with making the final decision, so you made it for me.

Tizzie, my sweet, delicate little girl. You were our Auxiliary Dog and my shower buddy. You took on raising the wild child puppy in your mature years, and Lord knows we needed your help. I knew I loved you but never imagined how much I would grieve your passing. I cry for you still.

Sudilar would like to pay honor to her dear Wolf.

It is really heartbreaking to see all these beautiful and loving friends who have crossed over the Bridge, but we all know they will be waiting for us when it is our turn, and in the meantime they are all making friends, running free and waiting for the day.
    Sudilar - Avalanch is beautiful and looks so at peace in the photo
    Ali - Dessi looks like she really loved Shiloh, they must have been best of friends
    After my kids were grown and on their own Kona was my best friend, she and I did everything together.
    Oh Rachel - Bailey and Tizzi, I can see how difficult it was for you, they were magnificent, so beautiful.
    Wolf looks so majestic and handsome.
    They live with us everyday in our hearts and souls until we meet again.

[This message has been edited by jackiesdaisy1935 (edited May 09, 2001).]

Rachel I think this is the most beautiful topic that has ever been started. Each and every one of these dogs was such a special companion and I feel personally sorry that I never got to know any of them. What a wonderful way to say "you were loved." Thank you Rachel for these tributes. I only have snapshots of my 4 wonderful dogs who are at the Rainbow Bridge (Peaches, Pumpkin, Ashley & Whitney) and don't have a scanner so I can't post a picture tribute. I just want to say to them that I loved you all so very much and miss you and talk of you often even to this day. You were my sweeties and I will never ever forget you.

Oh, Wolfie, you were my very first dog. I had you before I even had my kids!! You were my first kid! You were the best! My love of GSDs stems from you. You were the perfect gentleman, always willing to please. You always sat next to me with your head in my lap or if I was standing, with your head on my feet. When the kids came, you loved them with all your heart. You've been gone for 17 years now, but I can remember you like it was just yesterday!! Your little bent ear (due to a blood clot removed) that no longer stood straight up was so precious! I miss you, Wolf, my beauty!

Dessi, Kona, Bailey and Tizzie were all beautiful dogs. I know they are up there at Rainbow Bridge with Wolf and Avalanche and all the other wonderful pets of those on the board. (Wow, as I am typing this on the CMA awards on TV, Leann Rimes was singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Is that a sign or what?

This one was a real tear jerker to make.

Oh, Aly. You are so special. That's just beautiful. My love goes out to all the parents of these beloved furkids.

Oh so sad. All of those dogs are so, so beautiful. And Aly, you are so sweet to make that beautiful tribute.

Sue, you are right about Somewhere Over the Rainbow being a "sign". I love when it when something like that happens.

Aly, you are such a generous person with your time and talents. Thank you so much for the wonderful tribute to our departed babies. It is lovely.