Thread: I'm so depressed......

I'm so depressed......

Right now, I'm so depressed There are so many stray dogs out here - some people just dump them on the side of the road & take off. It always breaks my heart to be driving home, & see totally beautiful dogs on the side of the road. Once, I was driving home, & there were puppies in the road, & you know how they were getting out? Their owner left the gate open! Why can't some people be more responsible with their pets? Its things like that that really make me mad. I have thought about leaving bowls of food & water out for the strays, but I'm afraid it might attract coyotes (I live in the desert). Anyway, sorry for carrying on so, but I'm glad I finally found a group of people who love animals as much as I do. Thanks for listening...

It is sad, and discouraging to see homeless pets. To know that we, as human beings, are responsible for their existence, yet some don't acknowledge their own responsibility, is truly disheartening. But we know there are people who are not only doing their very best to not only rescue as many as they can, but to spread the word about spaying and neutering. That is the most we can do. We support the latter and try to educate the former, and love every animal we can.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome To Pet Talk!! I'm sure you're going to love it here! I have a purebred Black Labrador Retriever, named Sadie May, and she is 5 years old. I do Agility and Obedience with her. Now back to the subject... I feel the same way you do when I see all these stray cats and dogs outside. I haven't really seen any in my neighborhood, though. It makes me sooo sad when I see all the strays. It also makes me really mad the way some people treat these poor helpless animals. That's a good idea.... put out food and water. But, I wouldn't if I lived where you lived! Again, Welcome to Pet Talk!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Welcome to Pet Talk! You sound like one of us; you will fit right in I am also heartbroken over the stray issue. I never see strays in my little town, but there were a lot when I visited Spain in April. I was soo sad, and managed to sneak them food whenever I could. I had one who followed me around, a big beautiful husky with one brown eye, one blue. We called him Pedro, and he was a sweetie. When we said "sientate" (sit, in Spanish) he did, and we were all amazed

Welcome to Pet Talk, it is very sad to see those dogs left loose and on their own. There are so many people on here who have rescued dogs and we are so grateful for their kindness and compassion. I'm glad you joined, we certainly are all animal lovers no matter what kind they are. So glad to have you here on such a sad day.
    Jackie