Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message to all CatLovers

Message to all CatLovers

O.k.Listen up.There has been some people saying bad things about a few of us kittyowners who kitties live outdoor.That is so mean,and before you even know us.That shows bad things about those saying that.It is hurting our feelings and we want it to STOP.
    ~!~Ashley~!~ ~^_^~A true kitty lover~!~

I think they all have already stopped. Posting something like this, is just going to make it start up again.

hah

well...I feel that everyone has a right of speech .. and if some pet talk members feel strongly against having cats outside (like myself) I think we should be able to say it, my humble opinion.

Maybe I missed the part where people were saying bad things about those who keep their pets outside, but of course that is and exception and I don't think we should be saying things about PT members ..

i didnt see anything bad posted about anyone... but its not safe, and thats our opinion. no one is stopping you from allowing your cat cat outside, but (god forbid) he or she is injured, don't come running to us with boo hoo stories. I mean, normally if someone had an outdoor cat and somehting happened then of course there would be sympthathy, but not with the thought and warnings....

Re: Message to all CatLovers

Originally posted by CoolBabe22
    O.k.Listen up.There has been some people saying bad things about a few of us kittyowners who kitties live outdoor.That is so mean,and before you even know us.That shows bad things about those saying that.It is hurting our feelings and we want it to STOP.
    OK listen up???? I don't think so!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Must have missed that one..

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02

If you expect most people here to sympathize with cat owners who keep their cats outdoors all the time, without spaying or neutering them, you're come to the wrong place, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    If you expect most people here to sympathize with cat owners who keep their cats outdoors all the time, without spaying or neutering them, you're come to the wrong place, I'm afraid.
    Well said, and very true!

Bad enough the cat is outside, let alone not neutured! IMO people who let cats outside and not neuter them shouldn't be allowed to have cats, its only making feline overpopulation worse. Owning a pet involves responsability...and that includes taking responsability and getting them neutured.

Now- listen you meanies....OF COURSE we would be sad and sympathetic about the loss of a kitty life, come on. I don't want any kitties outside in danger, but, should the most unfortunate happen, I would cry along side the person that lost the pet. That is compassion, and I don't believe anyone else on here wouldn't do the same. I agree with the warnings, and posting our opinions, but, I don't agree with being hateful.

I'm sorry if you think people have been mean to you. But lots of us have done so much to help kittens and cats that have been left and abaonded and we see how many cats are homeless. But not getting your cats fixed you are helping to contribute to this problem. Even if you take care of the kittens and find them homes, there are still so many cats out there that don't have homes. It's one thing to leave your cats outside 100%, but the fact that you don't care to get them fixed is what upsets me.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

cataholic
    we are not being mean. and yes I would always feel bad for the CAT but not the owner , after warnings. If I say oh i know its possibly dangerous to let my cats out and do it anyway and something happend, would you feel at all symathetic? to me? I wouldnt unless the cat got out by mistake.

Exactly Right

Originally posted by marysmerrycats
    i didnt see anything bad posted about anyone... but its not safe, and thats our opinion. no one is stopping you from allowing your cat cat outside, but (god forbid) he or she is injured, don't come running to us with boo hoo stories. I mean, normally if someone had an outdoor cat and somehting happened then of course there would be sympthathy, but not with the thought and warnings....
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any derogatory comments about those who keep their cats outside ... all I saw was arguments made for and against both cases.

It's a personal choice, really. We started off with cats that were predominately outdoors when I was younger, but we lost too many furkids to dogs, cruel neighbours kicking them , cats getting lost or running away and cars. As the years went by, the cats stayed indoors more and more. Mum's two cats now rarely go outside, and don't stay out for long. They are 8 and 6 years old respectively, the oldest cats I've ever owned. This is a testament to the simple fact that CATS WHO ARE KEPT OUTDOORS DIE A LOT YOUNGER.

Finally, Pixel does not go outdoors AT ALL. She is quite happy to run up and down the stairs, and enjoys the run of the whole house. I know that she is happy, she is a very affectionate and loving kitty who is ALWAYS purring! And she'll have a long life.

I'm not going to say that keeping a cat outdoors is cruel, it is not. It is just risky. Experience has taught me well.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Missed that one, too!

Of course everyone has the right to express their opinion, but it's not okay if that happens in a rude way!

If this might be a comfort for those with outdoor cats: I'm often attacked for the fact that I'm keeping my cats strictly indoors, not from people on the internet, but from those living here in my hometown. In Germany, the common idea still seems to be it's animal abuse to keep a cat indoors.

Kirsten

Kirsten that's right but in the cities it's changing. I have a 30 km drives to my office, part of it in the countryside and especially in spring and early summer there are daily dead cats on the streets. Sometimes I am glad it is winter because then they stay in and I do not have to see that. The same with hedgehogs. I hate that.
    In 1978 I lost my beloved Meo who was less than 2 years old in a car accident and since then I know I don't want to hear the story of "Better a short and happy life..." again.

BTW I once talked about it to a university professor of zoology who had cats. And he said: Of course you must take the time to play with your cat, to give it excitement and training but then their life will be happy and fulfilled even when kept inside.

We all have our opinions on the subject, which is fine, but I'm sick to death of new threads being started about it This is what, the fifth thread like this in the last week???

(OK, I'll stop opening them ...)
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy