Thread: Tibetan Shepard??

Tibetan Shepard??

Ok, I knew of a Tibetan Terrier, Tibetan Mastiff, and Tibetan Spaniel...but has anyone heard of a Tibetan Shepard?

This lady apparently had her dog in (a "tibetan shepard") a while ago and she called to make another appointment yesterday. She informed me that we overcharged her last time. I said, ok, and looked up her card. It said Tibetan Shepard and the groomer had written American Eskimo next to it. The charge was $27, and American Eskimos are $29 so if anything we undercharged her. She also said her dog should have been grouped with the terriers!

I told her the groomer probably charged for what kind of dog her dog mostly resembled, since it wasn't on our pricelist. I told her to describe the dog to me. "Oh well he has pretty short, curly fur, he's like the size of a wolf and looks like one but he's not." Umm...ok...

Well, the dog came in today. He looked EXACTLY like an American Eskimo! Same size, same color, same fur, same face...everything...even acted just like one! I've seen enough American Eskimos to know what they look like. I'm aware that other breeds resemble American Eskimos, so the dog could be that....but a Tibetan Shepard?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's odd... there isn't a "Tibetan Shepherd" in AKC, or in any other place I looked. She must have thought she knew what breed is was. Well, I suppose it was an Eskie.
    BTW, I love your signutrue Wolf_Q! (Nebo's so cute!)

Thats intresting you ask.. theres a guy that goes to my dog park and he calls his dog a "Tibetan Shepherd". But it is NOT purebred. He made up that name for him i guess since his dog is mixed with spaniel and shepherd?? He told me it was NOT purebred though... Ill have to ask next time what breeds i is...

I tried looking up the breed on google and found nothing. I think it is an Am Esk. She was probably informed it was a "tibetan shepherd" when she got him/her?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

could be

GoldenRetrLuver..........

can I have a copy of your "I'm fixed..." pic?

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Twinkie - Norweigan Forest
    Bobby - Manx

Re: GoldenRetrLuver..........

Originally posted by CattleDogMom
    can I have a copy of your "I'm fixed..." pic?
    SURE! Go ahead!

wolf_Q,
    I pay $45 for Nina at PetsMart. How much would she be where you work?? She weighs 35 pounds and has 3 inch long hair, never matted. We have her a puppy or teddy bear cut. I forget which it's called.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I have heard of them before. I think on Breed all about it, love that show but I think the dog was taller then a wolf and wolf color. I dunno, maybe I am going insane but I swear I have heard of a Tiebetian Shepherd, in fact I think they are in my AKC book? I'll have to steal it from my sis and look.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I thought I had heard of them too, but I can not find ANY info on them at all. I did run across this site, which I liked:
    http://www.everythingdoggy.com/breedlist.htm

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings