Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PUREBRED Labradoodle??

PUREBRED Labradoodle??

I read this off of another board I visit. Someone passed by a pet store while shopping and saw a sign for a purebred Labradoodle selling for more than 4000$ The things these people will say about their dogs to sell them. So stupid

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

purebred labradoodle? Omgosh...what idiots...

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I am amazed every week whenI see what the pet stores are selling for $100's of dollars!! "Pure" mixed breeds?!?

Here's some from last week's "Petland" add...

Lab/Shepard $129.99
    Lab/Beagle $149.99
    Lab/Rott/Mastiff $149.99
    Mt.Terrier/Pom $229.99

and that is with $100 off all puppies!!!

Gee, what a great deal

I don't get it!

everytime I go into a pet store, I get so mad! I just think of how those cute little pups came from breeders who knew nothing about breeding. Everytime I'm with my friends at a pet store, I always start saying how they never come from good breeders..and just trying to get the other people to not buy them and support the pet stores...ACK

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    Lab/Shepard $129.99
    Lab/Beagle $149.99
    Lab/Rott/Mastiff $149.99
    Mt.Terrier/Pom $229.99

That's outrageous in my opinion. Anything to make a buck, I guess....:grr: I guess what makes me most upset is that these puppies happen enough because people don't spay or neuter, why would they start to intentionally breed mixes??

re: Purebred Labradoodles

I am sorry, and I don't agree with it, but there are places in Australia which export dogs to america with papers and they are Labradoodles. I don't know for how long they have been breeding the dog and what crosses they do, but they must be crossing doodle to doodle. I have not looked into it with the Kennel Assoc. here, but to me, how can a cross breed be a purebred? People are paying $$$many big dollars just to have one. There are Kennels in America which are doing the same thing as well. Sure ...Have your Vet checked Poodle and your vet checked lab, or cocker spaniel or what ever you want to cross breed with, but that is all it is. The vet told me that for once I may have a healthy dog because of the cross breeding, but she is my pet and she will not be bred. I have had a number of people come and ask me to keep them in mind when she is ready to breed......don't they know she will not breed true to type?
    Mich

I hate it when pet stores sell puppies especially when they are mixed breeds. Don't people know that for a lot less money they can get that cute mixed breed puppy at a shelter and not only that but that puppy will also come home fixed and with shots.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Mich--this is even in response the the PM you sent me. I am in no way saying that Labradoodle is a Purbred dog. My post was saying the exact opposite. I see a Labradoodle like I would see any other mix. A Lab and a Poodle is a Labradoodle, a Cockapoo is a Cocker Spaniel mix with a Poodle. These dogs may have come from BYB like any other mix or they may not have. My post was only saying how desperate pet stores can get to actual lie about the breed of their dog to sell it for more money. Pathetic.

And I'm sorry if I sounded a bit rude in my PM and I don't know if you misunderstood my post or something, but it sounds alot like you think I agree with naming a mixed breed a purebred.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

to uabassoon

Hello! And you are so right. My vet is one of them that has to go to the pound to put unwanted dogs down..........she comes back with a car full and finds really good homes for them, giving big discounts on sterilisation and needles....and added food as well. She is a magic person
    Mich

to all of you, sorry I did not finish

She is the one who has to put down 4 of my Pure Bred Dogs,,,,,two of them rescue, the others I paid big money for. She was the one who told me that I am an animal person, and thus my daughter arranged for me to get this one, and she is the one who told me a cross bred is healthier than a purebred
    Mich

to Primabella

I am apologising. I did not know you felt that way. I am so sorry if what I said offended you in any way, as I really, trully did not mean it to. I am not a person who would do that to another, and I do feel so wretched for you thinking I would do that to another person. Please forgive me
    Mich

to Primabella

I don't even think I said that you thought that doodles were purebred, . Or if I inclined that, I am deeply sorry, as we all know they are not. I guess I was just trying to put my point across to harshly about the fact that they aren't......Gee, I don't know what I have to do do explain to you that I was not in any way having a go at anyone, especially you.
    Mich

A lot of them come from very large industry puppy mills. They are hauled around and delivered in the back of a not well ventilated or climate controled 18 wheeler during all seasons.
    Some of the animals die on these trips, and then they are just disposed of, or if they are really ill upon arrival the petstores just send the animal back.

That's so sweet.

"If you won't rescue, don't breed"

AngelZoo

That is so sad, how can people do this? Isn't there a law over there for animal cruelty???
    Mich

For me, It comes down to the quality of the breeding and WHY you are breeding an animal. While I'm not keen on everyone breeding willy nilly when we have such a over population problem.

If you truely are a reputable breeder, out there to HELP create better dogs, for the dogs themselves, and for their owners that's fine by me, pretty much any really reputable breeder won't make much money off their dogs, it will all go back into paying for the care the animal needs, and they have regular part time or full time jobs else where.
    "If you won't rescue, don't breed"