Thread: oh geez i think scarlett has had a stroke help???????

oh geez i think scarlett has had a stroke help???????

hey,

well my parents saw her not me but i kept hearing her cry but she does that alot if someone gets near her food lol,so i figured it was her whining about her food anyway i went down to get some dinner and my dad said marylyn i think scarlett has had a strkoe either that or a seizure having epilepsy my whole life a seizure is nothing new to me.but scarlett hass never had a seizure and she is only i think 4 or 5 years old thats not very old in doggy years is it?????

i love scarlett even though she attacks me all the time she does have a cute side to her and if anything happened to her i'd just fall apart

i'm ashamed to say that i did leave her and truffles outside cause it was a beautiful day for them to play,but it was a bit hot too i met to leave them water but my kidneys are still giving me trouble and i was in pain so i went too lay down and fell asleeep can getting over heated make a dog have a stroke i know she could seiz cause i seiz when i get over heated big time.we are taking her to the vet wed till then let her rest in her bed.

i'm a stupid idiot for not leaving water anyway how do you know if it was a seizure or stroke scarlett had,any idea
    all inputs arre very appreciated thanks and take care

scarlett
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    my name is marylyn i'm 23. i have a yorkie named truffles.scarlett a red toy poodle is now w/ a new owner and i'm hoping is very happy there,i miss her dearly.my first dog was a black toy poodle he passed away a few years ago and i miss him so much.i love all animals ,but grew up w/ dogs.

If she's walking ok and everything seems ok with her now, I think probably a seizure, plus she seems awful young for a stroke.
    Let us know what the vet says and don't beat yourself up, you're only human.

It sounds like a seizure to me but I don't have any experience with this... Like micki76 said, she seems really young to have a stroke. I'd just let her rest till you get to the vets. Just make sure you keep an extra eye out for her just in case it happens again. And don't blame yourself. We all make mistakes...I forgot to feed Kai so many times....but it's only in our nature to make mistakes. And after all, we just learn from our mistakes. Prayers for you and scarlett.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I think scarlett sounds a little young for a stroke too, but it is good to take her to get checked out. About forgetting her water, don't beat yourself up over it. Our water dish gets empty every once in a while, and Kito kindly reminds me that he needs some.
    We know how much you love scarlett, and I hope everything is ok. Please let us know what the vet says.
    Hugs to you and scarlett.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Let us know what the vet says, okay? Don't worry, Scarlett knows you love her, and that's what matters most, right?

Prayers on the way for little Scarlett......will be watching for a happy update.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

sorry for taking so long to update

hey,

well i am so sorry for taking this long to update you on scarlett anyway it ended up being a seizure.nothing new to me i've had seizures my whole life webster whom was also a toy poodle had seizures too.spookey its like webster's spirit is inside scarlett unless are poodles known to have seizures alot there is a word for that can't think of it.my dad told me they are that true

anywho scarlett is back to her self again,what a joy it is hearing her bark like crazy when i approch or try to approch her thank you all for your replies and prayers i really am glad i found this place thanks again and take care

scarlett
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    my name is marylyn i'm 23. i have a yorkie named truffles.scarlett a red toy poodle is now w/ a new owner and i'm hoping is very happy there,i miss her dearly.my first dog was a black toy poodle he passed away a few years ago and i miss him so much.i love all animals ,but grew up w/ dogs.

I'm glad to hear that it was a seizure rather than a "stroke." I'm sure hearing her bark was music to your heart. You're a very kind and caring doggie Mom!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~