View Poll Results: Does Your Cat Recognize Your Moods?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 56.52%
  • No

0 0%
  • Sometimes

5 21.74%
  • Doesn't Care

5 21.74%

Thread: The Mood

The Mood

Does your cat recognize your moods?

Our Gabby does not like us to yell. When/if this happens she runs to me and starts meowing and touching me with her paw. She will not stop until we/I do! Then she'll come up and love us.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'd have to say yes BUT doesn't care.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I think Corkscrew does, because he's usually not very friendly with me. He's a very social cat, but he doesn't like it when I pet him. But when I'm sad he'll climb on the bed with me and instead of going to the foot of the bed as normal he'll come right up to me and plop his head on my shoulder. And when I get really sick he's so cute because he'll even let me put my arm around him and cuddle him.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Yes. Peanut especially, she's such a sensitive little thing.

She will run and hide if there are slamming doors or yelling, but when I'm am sad or feeling down, she is extra cuddly. Tubby is always cuddly and always wants lots of attention, but the bad vibes start flowing he backs off a little. But a lot of times he is just his usual self, which will often break the tension. I mean, how can you maintain a sour attitude when you've got a cat bumping on you? He cares that you're mad or whatever, but what's more important is that he wants you to pat his butt so he can continue bumping his head.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

LOL once Patches, when I was mad, ran up to me on the couch, and very lightly swatted my face! he did not like me yelling. once Cookie did the same thing! she swatted me then ran off.

nothing like having a cat tell you to knock it off!

and, when Im sad ,they do come over and try to comfort, they are good at that!

on the other hand. sometimes when I am upset, Louise just plays and dances around with her toy, throwing it up in the air and catching it...I'm glad I am not keeping you from playing Lu!
    they are so funny.

yes, I think Blueberry does, but he doesn't care. Once I was crying, and I had tears all over my face, and he came up and started licking my face!
    and your cat Gabby is so cute how she does that! She sounds like a very seet cat
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Fluffy is our sensitive cat, if I am upset or mad, he will just sit by me quietly, if I don't feel good, he will lay by me, and would you believe where I hurt he lays?! (if my hips hurt, he lays up against them, my back hurts, he's there!)

One time I really lost it, when my mother was living with us, I was screaming and crying, Yoshi ran up to me and started licking my tears.......now how can you be mad after that?! I started to laugh, and felt much better!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I hope my cat'll be as wonderful a yours

Ali knows when I'm not feeling well. She's not one to normally come and snuggle w/ you, but she does when I'm sick.

Jack always is snuggling w/ us, so it's no surprise he's right there when I'm sick too. But he doesn't like it when/if I cry. He comes up and nips at my arm or leg to tell me to stop.

I think cats in general don't like it when people yell. I remember when I was little my RB cat Twinkle came up to me and literally stuck his face in my mouth when I was yelling, as if to say "put a sock in it!"

Yes. I am sure they understand our moods.

When we were feeling down about Caramel, Milly let us rock her for ages and George & Milo seemed to be more attentive (if that is possible)