Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain: How is Jo doing? :)

Ok, here are some more .............

Just walkin around ...........

Helloooooooooooooo???

...... and the album (only 6 pics so far ........)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290022893
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Michelle, Jo is just BEAUTIFUL! Like everyone said, such gorgeous pink coloring. I've been trying to get pics of galahs in my backyard for PCB, but they haven't been around lately....I guess it's a spring thing.
    I hadn't realized just how big Jo was until the pic of her on the newspaper! What a sweetheart. Good luck with gaining her love - your hubbys a lucky man to have the love of a bird, but maybe she'll come to realize sooner or later, that a clean cage is worth more than a pat of the head heehee

Captain, Jo is such a pretty pink color.
    Do you live close enough to Miss Meow to visit her? She has a very PINK kitchen that Jo would look perfect in!

Also, how do your dogs like her? Do they get along with her?
    About her loving your husband best, my female parakeet is in love with my husband so I know how you feel about being not much more than the cage cleaner, food provider etc.
    Maybe it is a girl bird thing to like men better than women?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by Vermontcat

About her loving your husband best, my female parakeet is in love with my husband so I know how you feel about being not much more than the cage cleaner, food provider etc.
    I'm sure it's something to do with that. My boy Lachie is besotted by my brother, though, and little girl Austin usually follows me around, so I don't know about the girl/boy thing. But there's defininitely something wiggy about the way they choose their 'favourite'. Doesn't seem to be any rule or reason!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    Captain, Jo is such a pretty pink color.
    Do you live close enough to Miss Meow to visit her? She has a very PINK kitchen that Jo would look perfect in!

Also, how do your dogs like her?

Do they get along with her?
    1. Yessssssss ........ I think we might visit Miss Meows PINK kitchen. Not sure how the kitties will react tho

2. Doggies - initially Captain watched her all day and night. She could not MOVE without him being there looking into her cage. Ruby did not really care either way .......... only if Captain was getting really agitated ......... then she would go and look too.

3. I do feel loved ........... sometimes. She just LOVES hubbie - which is quite weird considering the person who mistreated her was the MAN of the house (we rescued her - if you didn't know)

......... she is still loved, no matter what!!! (*sigh - even if she loves hubbie more .............*)
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

She is just SO cute! Such a pink darling birdie! Thanks so much for sharing, but I'd love to see more! Give her her favorite treat from me for being such a good little girl.

I don't think its a girl birdie thing to like men, because my girl birdie loves me the most, along with my mom.

Jo is stunning!!! Thanks for making the effort to show us more pictures of her! I don't know much about birds at all, having had our two for just a little over a year now, but I do read a lot. And it seems that Cockatoos might have very strong personalities and at times can be quite aggressive. Of course, when I look at Jo, I think there is no way that pretty pink girl could be a trouble maker!!! LOL!!! But, I'm sure a bite from her could hurt!

Keep those pictures coming when you have a chance!! I couldn't be happier than knowing that she is safe and comfortable in your home.