View Poll Results: What style of riding do you do?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • hunter

0 0%
  • dressage

1 8.33%
  • jumping

1 8.33%
  • saddleseat

1 8.33%
  • western pleasure/trail riding

7 58.33%
  • polo

0 0%
  • barrel racing, calf roping, etc.

0 0%
  • in-hand showmanship

0 0%
  • stock seat

0 0%
  • other

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: share your horse experience

The only time I rode a horse was at one of those Western themed fairs. I rode a horse named Luke. He was cute but kept swinging his head to me, like he was going to bite me. My dad's horse kept pooping and my sisters' horse was the slowest thing around and stopped to eat my dads' horses' poop.

Not the best experience

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by primabella
    The only time I rode a horse was at one of those Western themed fairs. I rode a horse named Luke. He was cute but kept swinging his head to me, like he was going to bite me. My dad's horse kept pooping and my sisters' horse was the slowest thing around and stopped to eat my dads' horses' poop.

Not the best experience
    LOL. Whenever my mom wants to go riding, at a stable, that always happens to her. They always give her the slow stubborn horses, and I feel bad for her......
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Years of experience: 13 years
    Riding style: Trail riding...but I use to jump(lost confidence)
    shows: Use to show when I took lessons....don't no more
    own horse: unfortantly no..

This was Comet. I use to ride him at my lessons...I loved him to death n' I was the only one he liked....so I thought that was neat. The lady that owned him, boarded him there n' let ppl riding him since she couldn't that much. She was selling him...I was so close to buying him...but unfortantly I didn't . So BRATY girl got him. O-well I still love him~! Here is me n' him at lessons:

He was soo spirited n' full of energy...I think that is what I liked about him.

Now I mainly go to my Moms friends house.....she owns a horse farm n' raises Perchrons n' Perchron/TB crosses. I love her horses they are the best n' sweetest. So now I mainly just go trail riding on them or carriage riding. Here is some pix of us getting ready to go carriage riding:

Look at that Butt~!

Hookin' up

Here we go~!!!

5 years expierence
    dressage, jumping, vaulting
    show:dressage jumping
    horse: i dont own a horse but i ride shagya arabs and they are the sweetest horses in the world!
    we're getting ready for a big show now where we're gonna do a fairy tale (we did sleeping beauty last year) on horses. i only ride english cuz it's more elegant. but i've tryed western but it's to...i dont know loose or something

I've only been on a horse a few time. My first time sucked& I hated the horse, he was mean & kept rubbing me up against the barbed wire & never responded to any form of command I gave (mostly telling him to get away from the darn wire).

But yrs after that my ex friend got a horse & we were both tameing it & we rode him bareback for a bit. bareback makes it easier to hop off when he went psycho (he had been abused by his old owners). But the last time I was on a horse it was fun & scary as hell, he was 15 something hh & I'm only 5'5 & I hate hights. it took me forever to sit upright, but he was a very good horse & was very gentle & stoped troting when I started to shake... heheh but after an hour I was doing a fast trot with him (but my exfriend had him on a lead, the owner of the ranch said it would be best since I wasn't use to riding horses.

But I want to go back there asap & try to ride with my exfriends friend, she was nice.

Someday I want a nice riding horse, I nice brown/white Pinto