I was over at my mothers house on Friday after work and we decided to walk the dogs. When my arm swung back I noticed it hit something wet like a doggie nose. I looked behind me and there was this most beautiful, angelic, big yellow lab pup taking a walk with us Poor fella had a choke chain with no tags on his neck. Since Graham is trained off-lead I took his leash off him and put it on the mistery yellow lab. I was thinking to myself, "if I can't find the owners of this dog I am going to take him home. I love him". He had the most beautiful, big face and the sweetest temperment. I did not know what his name was so I called him "Gus". I proceeded to go from door to door asking if anyone knew who this lovely dog belonged to. I was about ready to finish walking and take him home with us and put an add in the paper but decided to check down a few more blocks. Someone recognized him and pointed me towards his home. I was attached to the dog in that short amount of time of knowing him (about 1/2 hour). When I took him home his owners were very thankful but they did not even know he was missing!!! The man said, "I was just working in the kitchen and he was right under my feet 10 minutes ago, he must have learned to open the door by himself and let himself out". It was kinda hard handing him over to an owner who kept a choke chain, no collar and no tags on him...and he did not even know his dog was missing Before I left I asked the owner if he could look into getting an ID tag, and also told him of the dangers of keeping a choke chain on dogs. He was grateful and said as soon as the dog turned 1 year he'd get him licensed and get a tag. The dog was about 11 months old. How could someone not keep tags on a dog who likes to escape? Especially a dog as nice as Remmy? (that was the labs name.) I am thinking about Remmy alot. I am sure it was good to bring him back to his owners but it would have been much easier for me to accept if Remmy had a collar and tags, some way to make it obvious his owners loved him.

I just wanted to share with you all what happened. I am surprised at how much I liked Remmy and how much I think about him. I have taken in stray dogs before and helped reunite them with their owners but this one hit hard. For some reason I can't get Remmy out of my head. He was such a beautiful yellow lab pup, and he had a fantastic personality. I pray his owners took my advise.