Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should cats be kept indoor at night?

Good on you fox girl!

Gosh, if I were as busy as you caring for all the precious little ones, I would want to spare as much time as possible clearing litter trays and as much time with the furkids. Keep up the good work

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Why indoors?They have lived outdoors millons of years before us and lived ewhen there were animals around every corner that were danger to them!All my cats live outdoors 100% of the time! I have 5 little kittens and not a one of them are even touched!There are foxes,and dogs everywhere but they are o.k. Cats shouldn't be inside because its not their natural habitat.It can also make your house nasty,all that fur everywhere! Yuk!Kittens learn from their mistakes everyday. They learn to climb,play,fight,eat.If anyone agrees with me,send me a pm!Gosh!People these days!
    ~!~Ashley~!~ ~^_^~A true kitty lover~!~

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your support to me.

But it looks like I'm not going to have a choice any more, On May 30th Florida wildlife commission has giving the go ahead to pass the bill on Killing of all free roaming cats. So soon it will be kittly litter boxes time. 7 cats in the house.

Intill the law finally passes, I will hope and pray that Florida changes their thinking and my cats can enjoy the outdoors. 3 dog and 7 cats inside is going to be nuts. I need a bigger house.

Unfortanly the 3 dog can't go out because of problem that limit them.

That's the stupidest law I've ever heard of! So they are going to kill all stray/feral and indoor/outdoor cats?

CoolBabe, why don't you go live in a cave, deep in a forest, with no elecricity or any other modern facilities. That's a human's *natural* habitat.

Last edited by popcornbird; 06-02-2003 at 03:44 PM.

Re: reply

Originally posted by CoolBabe22
    Why indoors?They have lived outdoors millons of years before us and lived ewhen there were animals around every corner that were danger to them!All my cats live outdoors 100% of the time! I have 5 little kittens and not a one of them are even touched!There are foxes,and dogs everywhere but they are o.k. Cats shouldn't be inside because its not their natural habitat.It can also make your house nasty,all that fur everywhere! Yuk!Kittens learn from their mistakes everyday. They learn to climb,play,fight,eat.If anyone agrees with me,send me a pm!Gosh!People these days!
    Please tell me you posted that JUST TO INFLAME people??? First, so very sorry you have five little kittens living outside. That is a shame. Second, people, too, lived exclusively outside, until they progressed. Third, ...it makes your house nasty? Did I miss read your signature? OR, are you just one of the many trouble makers we have had lurking about lately?

Even as a cat lover, I don't see anything wrong with the Florida law, or at least what I know of it from the brief info Fox-Gal has posted.

Why shoud YOUR cats be allowed to roam, dig, poop, maim, etc., when dogs aren't allowed to? I don't appreciate other people's cats bothering my cats through the screens, nor do I like to see them dead in the street.

As to PCB's statement re; cleaning the boxes...maybe I just have some revolutionary cleaning method...but, it takes me about TWO minutes, from start to finish, including putting the poop into the garbage can in the garage. That is five in the basement and one in Minnie's closet. It is a part of pet ownership/responsibility. It gives you a great way to know if someone isn't well, too.

Originally posted by popcornbird

CoolBabe, why don't you go live in a cave, deep in a forest, with no elecricity or any other modern facilities. That's a human's *natural* habitat.
    Say it again, PCB! That is the absolute truth, isn't it? I think she is a flamer.....just out to get us all riled up.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    It gives you a great way to know if someone isn't well, too.
    That's for sure. If I couldn't see my birds' poops in their cage, I wouldn't know if they had healthy droppings or not. Good point. I just don't think I would have enough time for 7 litterboxes (seeing that each cat needs one of its own) with my lifestyle, but then again, I probably wouldn't ever have more than 2 kitties. I love kitties; I just don't think I can handle that many.

this bothers me.....................alot............

I donot think she is on here just to stir things up, most of you are indoor cat people, and thats fine with me, but you have no right to judge others who choose to be indoor/outdoor, i have been involved in this debate before and its starting to really bother me. I am not saying i agree with everything that was written, because my cats are NOT 100 percent outdoor cats as you all well know.
    But i am SICK of being thought of as a BAD kitty mum because i choose to let my cats have some outdoor time. Payitforward will agree with me on this, we live in different countries, and the dangers you have we donot.
    As i have said many times before, i dont judge you because you keep your cats indoors, which is considered cruel in my country, i dont think it is at all, its a personal choice, and neither is right or wrong.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

AND...................

One more thing i want to comment on, is just because this person dared to speak up and differ from your opinions, you all shot her down in flames, accusing her of being a stirrer, and being so rude, i really dont think that was fair of any of you, everyone has a right to their opinion, you have all expressed yours and i mine, so why cant she?
    I have heard of such people who do this on purpose, but she is not necessarily one of them, give her a chance to reply and c what she has to say, and be a little more open-minded please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Look how quick you all were to judge FOX-GAL because of a comment she made, she too was come down on like a ton of bricks, and look how her story unfolded, she turned out to be one super human being, doing some wonderful stuff for the kitties out there, we could all learn from someone like her.
    Furangels only lent.

GREAT now i see some decent questions being asked of coolbabe, i hope she does respond, and your response was given some thought and not full of emotion.
    Thanks i am glad you dont consider me a bad kitty mum, but believe me there are some on here who do and all of us who are indoor/outdoor cat owners.
    Furangels only lent.

Originally posted by carole
    GREAT now i see some decent questions being asked of coolbabe, i hope she does respond, and your response was given some thought and not full of emotion.
    Thanks i am glad you dont consider me a bad kitty mum, but believe me there are some on here who do and all of us who are indoor/outdoor cat owners.
    I don't consider any indoor/outdoor kitty mom a bad mom. All of my many friends and relatives that have cats have indoor/outdoor cats. Not a single one of them keeps them only indoor. They are some of the most spoiled kitties out there.

ANd yes, I would like to hear why CoolBabe feels this way.

Well when i checked her profile, she lives near a woods,and has many pets, it would not be my personal choice to have five kittens outside, but again we should not judge her until we give her a chance to reply.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole...

I am not saying i agree with everything that was written, because my cats are NOT 100 percent outdoor cats as you all well know.
    But i am SICK of being thought of as a BAD kitty mum because i choose to let my cats have some outdoor time. Payitforward will agree with me on this, we live in different countries, and the dangers you have we donot.
    You are right in we have to date agreed on many views. Me & you are NOT bad parents for letting our furkids out in a relatively safe & quite areas. Our cats have access to a secure house & are altered

BUT this poster has 5 unaltered 100% outside cats. I have asked her on another thread that remains unanswered, if she provides any shelter for her cats. ???

Even looking at the best scenario these cats :-

: have no 100% secure place to sleep (an outside shelter won't be secure)
    : they are unaltered causing countless further kitten litter problems
    : Likely to become infected with Feliv etc due to excessive breeding/fighting (also linked to being unaltered)

Apart from feeding these cats, in what way are they looked after. !!