Thread: Uh oh, where did Marigold go???

Uh oh, where did Marigold go???

Earlier this evening, Marigoldy got her feelings quite hurt. Mainly, the dawgy (yes that tomboy elephant) wanted to play and ended up cornering her in the kitchen before I could intervene. I quickly grabbed hold of Malone, and Marigold ran away to her room--safety behind the baby gate!

About half an hour later, no Marigold. I called & called her with no response. I went and got the pounce treats in the rattle bottle (which she usually comes dashing from the far end of the earth for)...no response. I went through the whole house and was getting a little nervous when I went back in "her" room and looked under the guest bed (again!). Somehow she has torn a hole in the bottom of the boxspring, and crawled up INSIDE!! And she didn't want to come out for anything. She came and peered her face out but wouldnt' actually come out. I was just about ready to give up when I grabbed the treat bottle again, and she came running out.

So NOW, she isn't allowed in the room until I rip the entire lining off or find some other way to fix it. I'm too scared that she's going to get stuck in there when we aren't around. Silly KITTY!!!

Poor kitty cat..

Did the pounce treat make her feel any better.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Shiloh has done that to me too! It was right after I moved into a new apartment. She hates new places and would not come out when I called her. I had collapsed on the floor bawling like a baby thinking my cat was gone when I noticed Reece sniffing around under the bed. I saw a lump and sure enough, she was in the boxspring!

They certainly do make us panic a lot don't they ?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

My cats go into my boxspring too. That is the favorite place to hide before a vet appointment because they know I'll never get them out! They have never gotten stuck inside, not even pudgy little Abby.

Poor Marigold! My kitties did that too... and , like you, I thought I had it taken care of when I pulled all of that white gauze lining off! WRONG!!! They still climb up in the "rafters" of the box springs...LOL!!!! Cats will always outsmart us I'm afraid!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

When I had my new king size mattress delivered somehow both Deirdre and Brianna managed to crawl up inside of a recliner under the bottem lining. My husband was the only one home and in a complete panic until he found them both.

Denyce

Boba did that one day! Now the entire underside of the matress is torn out.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When we first got Milly she dissapeared for a couple of hours. We finally found she'd crawled up the back of the fitted units, so you couldn't see her from either underneath or from opening the cupboards.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.

Yes, it's time I updated my sig.

Oh My! What a great picture of her...caught in the act! I better not let Katie see that picture.

poor kitty! that big dumb baboon cornering her!(and I don't really mean to insult your dog, of course not, but just thinking what Marigold must have been thinking o him) so she went and pouted.. LOL. sounds like Muffin. and George did that one day, just after I got them both here, he ripped the lining and then I looked under the bed, saw his face peeking out! aww, cats!

LOL Tubby did that years and years ago too. I was just like you, in a big panic thinking he had gotten out. I don't remember how I discovered it, but one day I noticed a big hole in the bottom of the boxspring too, and figured that's where he hides when I can't find him.

Naughty kitties.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Last spring I needed to get my foster Mittens spayed. The morning of her appointment I couldn't find her anywhere. She had gotten into the drop ceiling! She had never tried to get up there. I think she knew something was up. Darned psychic cats!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb