Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad News - A Friend Dies

Sad News - A Friend Dies

Dazzi was given to us by a man who worked for a paper company whose company supplied our office with its paper products. Today I found out that he dropped dead of a massive heart attack over the weekend. He was 41 years old. I just can't believe it. He did have a weight problem but as far as I know knew nothing of a heart problem.

When he gave Dazzi to us had been recently divorced and was trying to sell his house. Dazzi being the light colored golden retriever mix she is, was shedding that long hair everywhere making it hard for him to keep the house looking nice to show. Plus the apartment he was going to move into did not allow pets so he decided to give her to a good home and came asking around our office.

He had gotten Dazzi from a shelter in Lima, Ohio. He had had her for about 6 months when he gave her to us. (so she came to us about 1 1/2 years old - she is now 3). I couldn't stand the thought of her going back to the shelter so I told him to bring her over. - Just her, not her stuff. But when he came, he had her, her kennel, two beds, shampoo, toys, leashes, stake-out chains, dog food, treats, everything. I have to say - I wasn't sure I wanted her. The dog I had wanted and had been given to someone else was a chocolate lab mix. About as different from Dazzi as night and day. The only thing he asked that we keep her name the same. He wouldn't tell us why but that the name meant something to him. He had the dash over her name so people would know to pronounce it like Daisy but I don't add it since most of my writing about her is on the computer and I don't know how to do that on a computer.

But it didn't take long for Dazzi to fill our hearts with love. She is the perfect dog - well sort of. She was house-trained, she stays in the yard without a leash, she doesn't chew on things she is not suppose to, she is just as sweet as can be. (Except when she is at the dog park and for some reason, attacking dogs that she has determined are a threat to her adopted pups, Snoopy and Taggert). Dazzi was the first dog we had after getting Oreo some 11 years before. Oreo is such a strange dog - that Dazzi is what started my need to give and get love from more dogs. (And now having 5 is proof of that)

I can't believe that Ron is dead. He is the one who made me realize how many good dogs are at the shelters. Dazzi was trained by someone and trained well - although they must have used some intimidation because at first when she didn't do exactly as we told her, she would come cringing back to us. We are sad that Ron is gone but happy that we came to know him because without him we would not have our Dazzi.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

So sorry to hear your news. How Sad

Well, he can rest in peace knowing his Dazzi is being well taken care of.

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and Ron.
    Lisa, Max and Spike

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

May he rest in peace knowing Dazzi is safe and happy with you.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

What a wonderful friend you were to him! And what a shame to have lost him at such a young age. I will keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

We will be at my parents for a while tonight, but I'll have Amy call you when we get home.

Hugs
    R
    Sadie (Baby Girl)

Cincy (Little Baby)

Spot (Spotty Boy)

Sorry to hear this.

But I am glad that you were able to take Dazzi, obviously he thought you could give her a loving home, and you have
    May he rest in peace.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thank God he had a friend like you to take his precious Dazzi--I'm sure he will be eternally grateful, and rest in peace because of that.
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss--you'll be in our prayers.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I saw your email that a friend had died and I didn't know if that was something you added or was on their before....

I can't believe he is gone. It is always such a schock when someone dies, but esp. so young and unexpected. I never really met him, but remember who he was fromthe ballpark.

Call if you need to talk, or I'll try to call you after dance.

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Dazzi will help you keep his memory alive.

Jen said it best, I think.
    Hugs,
    Johanna

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Ron. It was a wonderful tribute that you wrote for him.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

So sorry to hear Thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

So sorry to hear such bad news. But, Dazzi will keep the happy memories you have of him alive .......... she is such a beautiful girl.

Thoughts are with you ........
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thinking of you at this difficult time

I'm heartbroken to read of Ron's passing, Amy. Whenever a person so young is taken, it is especially tragic. But you have written such a beautiful and touching tribute to him. What a kind and gentle soul he was. It is clear he loved his Dazzi very much. And through you, and Dazzi and the love you share, Ron will never be forgotten. Knowing that his beloved Dazzi found such a loving home during his life gave him great comfort. I'm sure he carried that comforting thought with him to heaven. Dazzi is a very beautiful girl. I am so very sorry. Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~