Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your pet's Shelter Name?

What was your pet's Shelter Name?

Many of you have adopted or rescued your precious pets! What was your pet(s) shelter name before they found their forever home?

Pixel's name was Leila. Cute, huh?

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Ripley didn't have a name. He was 03-01-104. He was the most forelorn looking little guy, matted from head to toe and very shy. I think I am the luckiest person in the world to have found this little cutie patootie and am thankful every day! (Sorry to get a little off topic but when I think of him at the shelter I get a little emotional).

Her name was Ruby. She knew her name already so I didn't want to confuse her and change it. I like the name anyway

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Reggie wasn't from a shelter but he was the last pup in a litter that nobody wanted.....he quite a bit older by then. His name before was Scooter.

My aussie that i used to have was named "Squint", but we decided to change it to Bandit. Angel and Dillian (cats) didnt have names...they were just a bunch of numbers.

MooShoo's (my Sphynx) name used to be "Spot" because of a large spot on his back. Since he has the pattern of a moo cow, my daughter Amy named him Moo. I put in the Shoo part.

Shorty's name was Faberge. I changed it to "Shorty". (She's a Munchkin)

My American Curl, Carly the Curly Girl was originally named "Deenamonster" by her breeder.

All three of my purebreds were RESCUED from bad breeders.

The only cat rescued from a shelter was Doogie, originally named "Georgie".

The rest of my cats were named by me!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Killian's name was Killian! I thought that after 2 1/2 yrs. of being called that, he should keep the name. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting name and by keeping it, I could segue into telling people about rescuing dogs from shelters, when they ask his name and how he got it. LOL

Shiloh's name was Shiloh. I have always been interested in Shiloh Shepherds since the 1970's. When we met her walking on the Walkathon trail going backwards, we just knew she was for us. What a sign! A GSD named Shiloh. We adopted her that day and kept the name. The funny thing is that we had no intention of adopting another dog that day. We were so lucky to have her find us!

Adopting both Killian and Shiloh were the best decisions we had made!! Even though Killi has liver disease and autoimmune disease, I would go back in time and adopt him all over again!!! And needless to say, Shiloh is Shiloh, and we love her!!
    Last edited by Sudilar; 05-27-2003 at 11:52 AM.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Clive came from the streets, but when people learned that I was going to adopt him they started calling him Lucky. In fact, when my friends who knew him before come to visit, they still call him Lucky.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

My Sidney had the shelter name of Elmer. He was the "last of the litter".

These are not the droids you were looking for

Lolly's name was Lolly. I adopted her at 5 years old and I didn't want to confuse her anymore than she was by changing her name.

Reece's name was just numbers when he was at the kill shelter. Then he transferred to the no-kill shelter and was named Paul Smith. After being returned 3 times, he somehow became Paw Smith.

Shiloh was off the street so she had no name.

Peka was named that at the shelter and I kept it.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Graham was named Rufus, which I thought lowered his IQ quite a bit. I didn't like the name so I named him Graham, after the cereal "Golden Grahams", since he is Graham colored and he is golden in spirit. I LOVE his name and it's just so perfect for him.

Kersey was named Kersee, after Jackie Joyner-Kersee, the olympic runner/jumper. She was named that by her foster mom because when she wanted on the other side of the fence to play with the neighbor dogs, she just effortlessly bounded clear over the fence without barely touching it to play with the labs on the other side of the fence. Her foster mom was so impressed with her agility that she named her Kersee. I didn't really like the spelling of her name, so I changed it to Kersey, but liked her name way too much (and it was too fitting) to change it, so I just took off an "e".

I named Minion, as he was dumped by his previous owner I know he had a name before, but I would have had no way of knowing what it was. When I first saw that precious little kitty the name Minion came to mind immediately. I called him that before he was even my kitty, while he was still living on the streets. I didn't even know what the word "Minion" ment, but I knew that that was going to be his name. I think it's fitting and I think he really likes it. MiniMin is his most commonly used nick name and he responds well to his nicknames and his real name. He always responds with a trill when I call his name
    Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 05-27-2003 at 11:55 AM.

My dog Alex was actually Alex, he was so old he knew his name so well we couldn't change it (he was 9 years old and a throw away!). My cat Phoebe was Sammy because for some reason they couldn't figure out if she was a male or female! And Cleo was Newi (I don't know how to spell it) which is French for night (she's black). I thought it is pretty, but not a name for our family!

Rocky didn't have a name...but he did have a brother and I regret so much for not getting him too.... They were both strays with one green color and blue color.....

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02

Lucy was named by me.
    Cookie was originally Alice

Mufiin was Muffin, named by my nephew, I don't know her name prior to that.
    Emma was Thelma
    Louise was Louise
    Charlie was Gideon
    Patches was Spock
    Cassie was Gypsy
    Callie was Angel

George and Henry, I don't remember their names, one was called icon, can't remember which one or what the other was called.

PUFF, my childhood cat, I found on the way home from school. I say found. But now all these years later, maybe I stole him from someone. He followed me and I took him home. He was little, black and white. I have no idea why I named him Puff. But later I sang "Puff the Magic Kitty" to him.

LEROY was black with a thin thin white ring around his lips. He was a stray, he just hung around my appt. He looked like the old time black singers, when they preformed and painted their lips pure white. He was King Leroy Lamont

TONEE, I bought from a private family that had bought her from a breeder. Their old dog just didn't like her so they needed to sell her. Her name was Danielle, she was 12 weeks old then. But I changed it to Tonee. Well I made her papers say "Antoinette Germaine" her real name was #sm105507. She was Princess Antoinette Germaine.

KELCEE was #1364. I adopted her over the phone after seeing her in the shelter. I was at work thinking about her and called to get more info. They told me that 'today' was her last day, and if I wanted I could put a hold on her. I did. When I saw her in the shelter I didn't even know if she was a boy or girl. That night I was watching TV, "L.A. Law" and when they said Anne Kelsey, I thought "OH Kelcee would be a cute name for the kitty". I had already had Tonee, the two ee thing going so wanted to keep that ee thing. Her middle name is Yorel. which is Leroy backwards, her brother before her. She is Princess Kelcee Yorel

SHEP-EE Lynn was my husbands dog. She was a stray on his dead end road. He started calling her 'the old shepherd girl' and then shortened it to Shep as years went by. When we met, I said she needed a middle name, thus came the Lynn, and the two ee thing again! She was Queen Shep-ee Lynn.

ASHLEE was named Asher from the shelter. Her owners gave her up. So sometimes we still call her Asher. But had to get the ee thing in there again. And we added her middle name, Rose, after Rose Nylan (Betty White) on the "Golden Girls". Betty is a real animal person. She is Lady Ashlee Rose.

NINA was named Nina and we added Princess Nina Grace. We sometimes spell her name Nee-na

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings