Thread: The Hose Destroyer!

The Hose Destroyer!

Daisy so far has DESTROYED 4-5 hoses, and even pulled out the metal hose pipe (in the ground)....water was everywhere! My dad is really getting fed up with her, and i dont know what he will do... I wont let him get rid of her of course, but i think hes getting close to that point. We leave the hoses now in this closed shed but she still seems to get them! Has anyone ever had a "hose destroyer"? Or any advice is greatly apreciated.

Thanx

Kai isn't a HOSE destoyer....although he is generally a destoyer also. He use to munch on anything he could get his paws on. I don't know what I did to stop it though...odd..maybe he just one day thought.. "I don't like chewing on walls anymore.." lol As for dear daisy...does she chew it when you're there? or when she's alone...cuz I was thinking that if she does it while you're there...why not wait till she chews on it and strickly say no. Then when she releases, get her to sit or something and give her something really yummy. So chewing on hose=no sit=yummy food. Keep us updated on this k?
    Last edited by binka_nugget; 05-26-2003 at 10:27 PM.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Thanx for the advice! I will try that! She generally chews it when im away at school or right after we put her outside...i think it could be boredom, but im not sure! I will keep you updated!

There's something called "Bitter Apple" that you can get at a pet store. If you spray the hoses with it, Daisy will stay away from them because they don't like the smell. Another more drastic, but very messy, answer is to put some drops of Tabasco sauce on the hose. Believe me, if you use that trick Daisy will never again get close to the hose. Of course, being a puppy, she'll find something else to chew on.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Ive actually tried the bitter apple...and it didnt stop her! In fact I think she liked the taste The tabasco sauce sounds like a good idea though....ill try that! Thanx for the tips! I apreciate it!
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 05-27-2003 at 05:39 PM.

Put the hottest tobasco you can find in a spray bottle, dilute it with water. That'll make it less messy.

Thank for the advice!

ya, I have also found that apple stuff didn't work at all....

Cadeau eats jalipino's (sp), & she loves them, shes not too bright hehehe... u can always try jalipino pepper juice (fresh from the pepper its self), that worked for Max & my ex-friend's Rotti.

tabasco sauce didn't work for me.

lol, so ill try anything hot, it could make her stop....we will see! Thanx for replying everyone!

I just spent like two hours spraying the entire trampoline and cover with that bitter apple stuff a few days ago. I was wondering if it'd work. Roxy loved it. She was especially anxious to chew up the spring cover on the trampoline. And I'd literally used two bottles of bitter apple. lol

"Different strokes for different folks". You doggie seems to be one of the dogs who love the bitter apple stuff. Basically, use anything you know your dog will absolutely hate. I tried lemon for kai. He didn't really seem to care. I tried tobasco too...didn't work. So I just tried training him not to bite on things.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Update on Daisy

Hey thanx for all your advice! I tried the tobasco sauce in the squirt bottle, and Daisy has not touched the hose today! Maybe its working afterall! Thanx you guys!

Thats always positive news