Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PetTalk Australia Meeting: Gini Comes to Australia!

PetTalk Australia Meeting: Gini Comes to Australia!

It wasn't quite as big as the Findly Park meeting last weekend, but very fun nonetheless

Gini's itinerary with Trafalgar Tours had her in Melbourne for three days. I'm not sure what constitutes a day in Trafalgar Tour Meridian Time but she arrived at about 10.00pm Saturday night and had to be ready to leave on the bus at 6.30am Monday morning. Maybe they've invented some sort of time accelerator so people get the most out of their holidays!

I got a call Saturday night from Gini, who had just finished making a voodoo doll of the tour guide who wasn't letting anyone off the bus until they ticked the boxes for their tours the next day. The afternoon's tour was a nine hour bus trip to see the penguin parade. I let Gini know that the penguins don't waddle around for long and most of that nine hours was going to be spent on a bus - we decided to meet at the Westin Hotel's martini bar instead, far better choice! For anyone going to Gini's barbecue in July, never, ever mention the word 'bus' again ...

Captain and I tried to co-ordinate but unfortunately Michelle didn't receive my message until too late. We have learned from this and are now organised to the minute for any visitors in the future that you don't even have to tell us you're coming

So after downing a very refreshing martini, we went for a stroll around the city and had dinner. Shane and I walked Gini back to her hotel and were still talking, talking, talking. She is such an interesting person and we learned about her life in LA, Rascal and her porch kitties, different types of martinis, the girl on the holiday who has a very clean horse (you can ask Gini about that) and so many other things. The time flew by and afterwards it felt like a surreal experience. I wish we had enough time to bring her home to meet the kitties, but we are too far from the city to make this possible - NEXT TIME!

She's now on a bus to the airport, a plane to Sydney, a connecting plane to Cairns, a plane back to Sydney and a plane to LA (with a few days of relaxation squeezed in there somewhere!) I estimate that she'll have spent about 38 hours in the air (and I daren't guess how many on a bus) in the two weeks so I'm sure she'll see the latest movies a few times!

Gini, thanks for spending so much of your time here with us. We feel honoured. And thank you so much for dinner and the armful of cat toys - they love them!

(see, I didn't write all the stuff that REALLY happened )
    Last edited by Miss Meow; 05-26-2003 at 04:18 AM.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Here's a few pics taken by Shane. Gini has some more on her camera.

Gini and me at Southbank

I don't know how many flies I swallowed with my mouth open that wide

Gini admiring an oversized piece of papier-mache

Yay, new cat toys from Aunty Gini!

Get lost, Pickles. This one's MINE!

Give me the toy, or I'll give you a left hook!

Former User Guest
    Awww, sounds and looks like you had plenty of fun!
    I'm sooooo happy to "meet" Gini finally, wonderful to be able to see her pic
    and the cats seem to love the new toys

Thanks for the pics, Miss meow!! I am so happy too, to finally know how Gini looks like! Now I know what face I will be looking for in July . I cannot wait to meet you, and all the others then, Gini!! I promise I won't mention the forbidden word

Many thanks Nicole - great posting - so nice to 'meet' Gini at last!
    Her itinerary sounds a bit hectic to say the least. Don't those furkids of yours look so happy on the pics., - wonderful.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

What a great meeting!!!!!!!And such happy faces (cat and human)

So what REALLY happened?

wow, looks like you had a wonderful visit!
    and the cat standing up on it's back feet, that is the cutest pic!
    thanks for sharing your pics!

Great pictures!! Sounds like you had an awesome time!!
    Seems like we're having a lot of PT meetings lately--what can we say--this awesome sight brings wonderful people together!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Great pics! Your so lucky to meet a fellow Pettalker!

I know what Gini is going through since I went on a 30 day Contiki bus tour through Europe. Many early mornings and long bus rides!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Wonderful pictures ~ Wonderful people!

Hey, you two look great!
    Who could belive.....a PT meeting in Australia?

Captain and I tried to co-ordinate but unfortunately Michelle didn't receive my message until too late. We have learned from this and are now organised to the minute for any visitors in the future that you don't even have to tell us you're coming
    Nicole , don't give me bad ideas.! I always wanted to know how is to be "Up side down" (childish, I know)
    So what REALLY happened?
    You see, we are know cuirous !

PS: Forgot, still in love with Tabasco

Originally posted by koxka
    PS: Forgot, still in love with Tabasco
    You can have him! He urinated on the computer desk last night, had a fight with Jasmine, had a fight with Pickles, then stole the packet of catnip that Gini gave them, ripped it up and spread catnip all over our bedroom floor And to think I said they grow up too soon!

Thanks for all the nice comments. I can't wait for the rest of Gini's pics and the stories from her trip One thing I know is that she has a little gift for a certain PetTalker from New Mexico ...

She is planning a terrific day for the 20 July meeting in LA, wish I could be there!

Thanks for the update Nicole .......... now I know what you look like too!!

Gini - I am so sorry I could not meet you. Perhaps one day ....... *sigh*

Nicole and I have sorted out the communication methods now - we have each others PHONE numbers!!! This won't happen again - beware fellow PT's who visit Melbourne, you will meet 2 Aussie girls at ONCE!!
    .................... hmmmmmm, martini bar ................ that is up the road from where I work in the city .......... think I might go there for lunch .........
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."