Thread: Low rumbling sound...

Low rumbling sound...

Precious purrs a lot and also when I place my ear near her tummy, she produces low rumbling sound, like that of a soft motor.... What does this rumbling sound mean?
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

errr..... does anybody know?
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

That would be the purring......LOL

All our cats have purring engines too.

Cats purr when they are relaxed, content, and happy. Little Sammy has a 175 HP motor in her purr box, you can hear her a mile away...when she's happy everyone knows it. hehehehehehe!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Cats also purr when they are distressed and scared...as a way to comfort themselves.

Tenny, too, has the 175 hp purrer. Tex's purr is nearly non detectable. Everyone else is inbetween.

I don't hear well at the best of times, so I sometimes find it hard to hear the cats purrs. But you can feel it when you stroke under their chin or if you hold them close, in their chest.

I can always *hear* George, maybe that is because he is so close to my heart.....
    Last edited by PayItForward; 05-26-2003 at 05:39 PM.

Cataholic i never knew that about cats, that they purr when distressed or scared, but u may well be right, because i thought it strange lexie purred all the way home in the cat cage when we took her from the cats league, and my friend Charlene is so upset when she had to put Romeo down because he was purring like mad before she left him, and that upset her so much, maybe i should tell her this and she wont feel so bad, thank you for that information, one always learns things on here
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Sunny and Cirrus have loud purrs while Storm has a very low purr. Storm's the only cat I've ever had that purrs constantly except for when he's in the car or at the vet.

i see....... so that was purring.... i thought purring is just the 'meowwww' sound that we hear from cats.....

she's my first cat... so im still kinda learning the ropes...
    ~eLLeN~