View Poll Results: long haired cats or short haired cats?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • long hair

11 45.83%
  • short hair

13 54.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long hair or short hair?

long hair or short hair?

which do you prefer?

I like the shorthair best.

Love them both, but would like to own a long hair, but my allergy would not tolerate it i think NOT, so i will settle for my short hair and medium hair kitties.
    I WANT A MAINE COONE oneday maybe sigh
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole
    yeah I know what you mean, I am not allergic to cats, but, since I have had these 2 long haired cats in the house, my allergies have been terrible!... whats strange though, Charlie is long hair, and he has never bothered my allergies! (figure that one out LOL)
    maybe it's a different kind of fur? who knows... he is a shorter type of cat, with a longer body, almost like a weiner dog...hes cute.

I just remembered, I think several months ago, I had promised someone, don't remember who now, a pic of all my cats together... oops, well I will get it done soon, now that I'm working on my webshots album!

Actually Mary i read that dark coloured cats cause more allergies in humans than light coloured ones, dont know how much truth is in that though as i have one of each, and they both make me irritated at times. my lexies fur is very different to ashes though, he sheds like crazy she does not. interesting eh
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I've only ever owned shorthair, but I would love a longhair, but I don't think my allergies can handle it.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I like the short haired best - don't know why.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

i read that dark coloured cats cause more allergies in humans than light coloured ones,
    odd, in my case, it's the other way around...Charlie is black and white, mostly black... the other 2 are white fur. hmm

Didn't know there was any difference in dander from light or dark fur. Had not heard that before...

Long hair cats require more of your attention to help maintain their coats and prevent or minimize hairballs. Shorter coats are less work for the both of you. Also less hair on everything.
    Last edited by Randy_K; 05-23-2003 at 03:56 PM.
    Randy

I like the Long haired cats a little more because I think they are prettier! My old cat was long haired and shedded less than a short haired cat
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

well I must take back what I posted earlier, or modify it...dark fur DOES bother me!Cassie's fur is drving me crazy right now! ahg!

I only read this in a magazine just after Lexie arrived, but to be honest they both bother me at times, Ash the light haired one sheds much more so he is kinda worse, so there goes their theory, so who knows eh
    Furangels only lent.

I like both, but I picked longhaired.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I like longhairs the best, they are soo furry and to me all longhairs are very gentle. They are the best!!

Long hairs are soo beautiful, but I prefer to have short hairs.