Thread: More on Frito Feet

More on Frito Feet

Hi. I was referred to this site by the Martha Stewart bulletin board after I posted a question wondering why dogs' paws smelled like Fritos. One writer told me there was an hysterical conversation about "Frito Feet" at this site. Can someone please tell me how I can find the discussion? Thanks tons.

Oh no! It's starting again!!!! Here you go
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/Forum5/HTML/000054.html

That was me who referred her over! How could I resist when she actually called them Frito Feet! Get ready to read a lot, Peanut Brittle. Its a pretty long post.
    Welcome to Pet Talk!

Here we go again!!!!

Hey guys, don't discourage Peanut Brittle! It's my one and only claim to fame on this forum!!

Originally posted by Peanut Brittle:
    Hi. I was referred to this site by the Martha Stewart bulletin board after I posted a question wondering why dogs' paws smelled like Fritos. One writer told me there was an hysterical conversation about "Frito Feet" at this site. Can someone please tell me how I can find the discussion? Thanks tons.

Oh, how wonderful to know of others who have experienced the Frito Phenomenon.

For goodness sake, it's not as if I, as part of the daily groom thing, said, "give me your paw so I can sniff it." She was sleeping on my chest, belly up (a very tiny dog)and her front paws were just about under my nose... It was one of those wonderful "bonding moments!" La! But Beloved Spouse and I had noticed this fragrance many times from the larger dogs when they were laying on the floor at the base of the sofa near us. It's very strong, and not unpleasant-- very different from the times when they've taken a run down by the pond where the geese hang out!

Thanks for sharing. This is great site.

Yes, this is a great site and welcome aboard, Peanut Brittle. Actually, many of us have said to our dogs, "Give me your paw, I want to smell it."

Oh my gosh, reading the Frito Feet discussion just made me laugh so hard. It really made me feel better after my cat's horrible experience from booster shots yesterday.
    This phenomenon is the funniest. My dog, Misty, had the Frito Feet Phenomenon going on. Now that I think back, I noticed it quite a lot when I was lying on the floor with her... Thanks for bringing that one to my attention! I needed it

I must thank Logan for referring me here! What funny smelling sweat glands dogs have...

I wonder if this is the "basic canine smell," similar to the "basic bovine smell" of a cattle barn? Or horses? Anyway, it's cool.

Power to Puppy Paws!

I think Neekoh's feet smell like popcorn? Maybe I just eat popcorn that smells like Frito's?