Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GGgrrrrrrrr

if the dogs bark alot then I would be bothered, or if the dogs are dangerous to people, say if the dogs were to get out...other than that, what is their problem? are they animal haters?

as for the property value, I would tell them "heck its gone up alot since I removed the couch from the driveway and stopped parking the car on the lawn!" LOL

Their *perception* of the value of their property may have gone down, but that doesn't mean it has for potential buyers.
    I agree with Karen - THEIR perception of the value of the property went down but even with a dog pen out back - unless the dogs were out all the time- how many people would really know how many dogs you have. And again most people object when dogs are barking all the time, or your yard doesn't get picked up and the smell becomes overwhelming. I know that for myself, I would rather have dogs next door, than a house where there are junk cars or just junk sitting around.

We have five dogs and none of the neighbors have said anything to us about the value of their houses having gone down. But I think they all would be more impressed if my husband would keep the yard mowed - having someone keep their yard "messy" would bother our neighbors more thanthe dogs!!!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I highly doubt property value goes down over dogs. I can imagine a potential buyer having doubts if the dogs were barking like crazy though. I keep two of my dogs in my backyard, and my neighbor hates it. She swears that she has ants because I feed my dogs outside, yet I don't have any ants. She complains because Dusty sticks his face through a hole in the fence to look at the street. (This hole is NOT on her property side.) Her newest complaint is that "Everytime I stand on a chair and stick my arms over the fence, that ugly black and white dog bites me. I can't even let myself in your backyard!" I told her "Well, keep your limbs on your property then...why would you do that anyways?" She says "It still isn't fair because I am standing on my property. I am just doing it to see if she'd bite me." My dog isn't stupid...she knows a bad person when she sees one. haha. She is the sweetest dog in the world to everyone else, including my neighbor when she is in the front yard.

I'd tell your neighbor she needs to get a life.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather