Thread: Oh No!!

Oh No!!

Today Sophie went outside for a while and she pounced on a bee and it stung her inside the mouth!!! She is now swollen and the left side of her face looks like a little chipmunk. What should I do?!?!

I would call her vet first thing tomorrow morning unless she starts getting worse tonight. Then you need to call the emergency vet. I know that bee stings can be fatal in some people but I'm not sure about animals. I sure hope she'll be okay. Please keep us updated.

Keep us updated. Hopefully you can get an early appointment at the vets.

I think as long as she's not got stung deep inside her throat, it's not so bad, but I would call the vet though, to be on the safer side! And in case she's showing allergical reactions, you'll bring her to the vet emergency anyway!

Sophie, get well soon, and don't try to eat bees and wasps anymore, they're mean little creatures!

Luna pawed at one last year and got stung in her paw, (wasn't too bad, but must have been painful 'cause from that day on, she's hiding when she sees a bee or wasp.

Kirsten

Sophie got taken to the vet today and they said that she would be fine but they also said she was getting a little chubby and needed to cut back on her eating!!! But the bee sting is fine and it will fall out. Her swelling has already gone down

That's great news. I'm so glad that she'll be okay.

I'm so glad that she is okay. My friends dog is allergic to bee stings and she has to be very careful when she takes him outside. He got stung by a bee last summer and almost died. That was the fastest time she ever drove to the vet's office.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

but they also said she was getting a little chubby and needed to cut back on her eating!!!
    I'm told the same every time I'm taking Luna to the vet's office! Poor Sophie!

But I'm glad to hear she's alright!

Kirsten

you are lucky, that could have been fatal, bee stings can be serious. I'm glad shes ok.
    I am not trying to be mean, but sometimes I don't understand why people get on here when something happens to their cat, instead of calling the vet.

I'm sorry I just now saw this... but you could have given her some children's liquid allergy medication (Benadryl, Diphenhydramine) .... it would have prevented a possible serious allergic reaction, and made her more comfortable! It's always a good thing to keep on hand both for your pets and your humans!

Glad to hear that she will be ok though!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!