Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Frito Feet Anyone??

I just had to register for your site when I read the topic. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I have known for a long time that dogs' feet smell like Fritos and cats' feet are popcorn. Only fellow pet lovers would understand this but I sure have had fun reading your posts!!! Oh and I discovered one of your members is a neighbor of mine....what a small world...Ktreva52 hi neighbor!

Kind of off the "frito feet" topic, but still in the realm of smells. My dog Tide is such a sweetie and when I kiss his soft muzzle I swear that it smells just like brown sugar!!

It's great to have some new members - welcome all. But please, please stop and think! If all of you are going about sniffing different parts of your dogs anatomy we are going to start losing members pretty quickly as the authorities start to lock you up! I know I can't stop you from dog sniffing - I've tried and failed - just remember to check that nobody is watching before you begin any odour exploration!!
    (I hope this goes on and on....it's a scream!)

Well today it finally happened. My daughter came into my room this morning as Shiloh was still sleeping on my bed. My daughter said that Shiloh's head smelled like cookies. So here was the opportunity of a lifetime...I told her to smell Shiloh's feet. After she looked at me like I was crazy, she said they smelled like Fritos! LOL Another unbiased and unsolicited opinion! And on it goes...

------------------
    ***Save a life, ADOPT***

Oh what fun this is! I missed the Puppy Breath and Frito Feet song my first time through. That's fabulous.

I printed out the discussion last week and shared it with Beloved Spouse. He looked at me like I was nuts, "This was actually on the Web?" For months we had been commenting on how the dogs' paws smelled like Fritos.

A few days later he was playing with Peanut Brittle and he sniffed her paws (that were batting him almost like a kitten in the face). He said, "This time she smells like popcorn."

I thought it was incredibly cool. One of those "moments" of bonding.

Lol, that's really funny. I don't think I have ever noticed that. I just had to call my dog, Reggie, over and smell his feet. Haha, it is true! Now I must go find Smokey and smell his paws also...LOL.~~wolf Q

------------------
    *Pet Portraits*
    http://www.geocities.com/wolf_q/home.html

Oh and I discovered one of your members is a neighbor of mine....what a small world...Ktreva52 hi neighbor

Hi, neighbor and all my buds here at the site. Sorry I've been gone so long, but the 'puter doc said the mother board died in my system and I'm using the library one to post this. Miss you all alot, but may get to borrow a system from daughter. Hope I can get on the internet with it. Later all, Chris

Oh, my gosh!!!! How wonderful there are so many people out there who love their dogs enough to kiss and smell their dog's feet. Thought maybe I was the only one out there doing that. This website is absolutely wonderful!!!

Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
    I was sitting with a group of friends the other day, all of whom own dogs. My one friend and I started talking about how we love the smell of our dog's feet. Almost in unison, we laughed, "Oh, yeah! Frito feet! Our other friends all looked puzzled and said "What....????" They had NO idea what we were talking about! We said, "You know, that kind of corny, toasty, roasted smell, especailly on their front paws. Dont' you ever smell your dog's feet?" They thought it was gross and had no clue! My friend and I both said sometimes the smell is so strong we can smell their frito feet even when they're just lying next to you. "No, they said. That's gross. We don't kiss or smell their feet." How sad, I thought. Since I was a kid, I remember one of my fondest memories of my first dog was kissing and smelling her little paws as we slept in bed. My first whiff of frito feet. I understand it is a result of their licking their paws; the smell a result of the dried saliva. Anyone else know what I am talking about? By the way, in my family, the same smell on kitty paws is called "popcorn tootsies!"

Daisy's feet smell sweet to me, but I don't think I would smell Perrys, he lifts his leg then walks through it. Yukkkkkkk

HEEHEE thats what my friends dog does, and my dogs feet are to furry for any smell to come thru

------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***CATS WILL RULE THE WORLD SOMEDAY***

Fellow Paw-Sniffers Worldwide,

Although I have been enjoying the "Dog of the Day" for many months now, this is my first day in "Pet Talk" and this topic of "Frito Feet" makes me want to come back for more!

I proudly join the ranks of paw smeller! Infact just recently I started smelling my dog brando's paws now and then, because I thought the smell was comforting. Kind of like driving through the country and smelling manure- it's comforting. Also sounds gross, but I know other people that share the manure thing too......(granted if the manure smell is too heavy, it's not pleasant)

I thought this was one of the funniest things said throughout the three pages:
    (by tatsxxx11)

"Seriously though, I don't actually stick their paws up my nose to smell them; usually it's more of a pleasant emanation from a short distance. " -LOVE THAT!!

P.S. Has anyone begun the tally of Paw-Sniffers?

[This message has been edited by Luv My Brando (edited March 14, 2001).]

Recently i tried smelling my dog's feetskies
    againski, and it did smell a little like toasty fritos! I couldn't smell it before,
    but i did now. And i told my dad about this site, and i told him to smell Poco's feetski-weetskies, and he said Yeah they kinda do! and i said There is a whole huge site of people that smell their dogs's feet (feets??) How do you think that sounded. LOL

Great idea!! A "paw sniffer tally!" Just like our previous "favorite breed" poll!! Yes, yes. It does seem that "paw sniffing" is something many do, yet few are eager to admit to! Love your comment about the countryside and manure. As they say, it's all in the eye of the beholder...or nose! Remember, it's not the smell, per sey, it's the connection to the smell. Our beloved babies!

I think what's so nice about manuer is we smell the molasses in the grain.

Frito feet is comforting and I associate it with a warm, sleepy dog all curled up and squeaking a little when it stretches...

Brando, I totally agree with you. When you put that quote from tats in your post I just about spit water out my nose! This topic just makes me laugh over and over again! When I'm feeling down, tuning in to Frito feet always brightens the day. I know what you mean about the "country smell" as I call it. I think it's because I associate it with pleasant childhood memories of riding in the car with my dad with the windows rolled down. We would be heading to the golf course and would be driving on these country roads in the early twilight time. There is a place on the way down to LA from San Jose that is overpowered by that smell, though, so it's gross. You have to roll up your windows going by that place!! But the light country smell is kinda comforting