I was sitting with a group of friends the other day, all of whom own dogs. My one friend and I started talking about how we love the smell of our dog's feet. Almost in unison, we laughed, "Oh, yeah! Frito feet! Our other friends all looked puzzled and said "What....????" They had NO idea what we were talking about! We said, "You know, that kind of corny, toasty, roasted smell, especailly on their front paws. Dont' you ever smell your dog's feet?" They thought it was gross and had no clue! My friend and I both said sometimes the smell is so strong we can smell their frito feet even when they're just lying next to you. "No, they said. That's gross. We don't kiss or smell their feet." How sad, I thought. Since I was a kid, I remember one of my fondest memories of my first dog was kissing and smelling her little paws as we slept in bed. My first whiff of frito feet. I understand it is a result of their licking their paws; the smell a result of the dried saliva. Anyone else know what I am talking about? By the way, in my family, the same smell on kitty paws is called "popcorn tootsies!"