Thread: Westminster! - who's going to win?

Westminster! - who's going to win?

My aunt went to Westminster yesterday. She said it was VERY, VERY crowded. She said she's going to watch in on tv today and that will probably be more fun.

So far a Bichon Frise won Non-Sporting
    A Kerry Blue Terrier won Terriers
    A Shih Tzu won Toys
    A Standard Schnauzer won Working (no Rotties )

and the other groups haven't been judged yet. So, who do you think's going to win?

The Bichon was adorable! But I'm holding out for the Golden Retrievers tonight! Are you surprised???

Originally posted by lhg0962:
    The Bichon was adorable! But I'm holding out for the Golden Retrievers tonight! Are you surprised???
    Hi lhg0962!
    Do you think that if we do a rain dance or something similar the Golden will win tonight?
    In all the years I've been watching Westminster, I've never seen a Golden win
    But then, as long as we loved them as much as we do, who cares? The ones we have are champions every day of the year

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Albea! And you know, that lovely, Bentley, won the Animal Planet show a couple of months ago. You never know! I'll be watching!
    Logan

I LOVED the JR!! Did he have *PiZZaZZ!! Did you see him strut his stuff went he went round? So proud; head high. What a cutie. The crownd really loved him! So glad they finally entered the breed officially into the competition. I'd love to see a BIG dog win for a change. Not medium...BIG! So many of them were in the working group though. Wasn't the neufie stunning? Blk&Wht!! Well, of course I'm gonna hope like....that the lab gets more than 30 secs on air time. Never, ever seen one win. Golden either. Have to admit those are the two breeds I'd really be ecstatic over if they won. Also hounds. Love beagles and foxhounds, american or english. So rarely seen. We'll see! I think they ALL deserve to win! Every one was beautiful!!

Was real happy to see the Standard Schnauzer win the working group and I believe the Giant came in third. The Kerry Blue Terrier was gorgous! Didn't see the non working or the toys.

I have my fingers crossed for the Basset Hounds. GO BASSETS GO!

Ah!! Logan!! Did you see it??? The judge called the golden and the handler didn't hear!!! Why wouldn't the judge call her back?AH! So sad! I thought maybe you and the girls were going to be in there!! Well, at least a "retreiver" won! Love the flat coats! Everyone seemed so surprised. I'll bet the golden would have won Give the girls and hug of solice for me! Hounds coming up. Rooting for the bassets Daisy's Mom!! Go Daisy!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 13, 2001).]

Awwwwwwwwww darn it all! Oh well, bloodhounds are cute too.

That was awesome! JR is a doll. My daughter completely fell in love. She was so excited. How many of you were like me with your computer ready to post when the show ended?

Can you believe this? I missed the sporting group totally, Sandra. Helen had multitudes of things to do tonight and I didn't turn on the show until 9:30! I can't believe that they called the Golden and then passed them by. What happened? Tell me more.
    The Bichon was definitely my choice of the 7 in the Best of Show contest. I liked his spirit last night. So it was my hope that he would win it all. Did you see how excited he was? I loved it!
    Too bad for the Goldens, but I'm satisfied with the judges decision for Best in Show. My second choice would have been the Bloodhound. (Sorry Jackiesdaisy )
    I wonder if it will be shown again.... Anyone know?
    Logan

JR seemed to know what was going on! I loved the action with the front paws! Had a miniature poodle that used to do that and was never taught to. Hooray for JR. Nice job tonight little one!!