Thread: Mitzi & Mr. Mishi

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Mitzi & Mr. Mishi

Well I don't have a digital camera (yet), so the best I can do to give y'all an idea of what Mitzi and Mishi look like is their bios from the Petfinder web pages. Mitzi was called Sweet Pea - her picture (not a very good one) is here: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1133786

She really is a beautifully marked little pudge ball of catness. She got her name for her little white mitts - at first I thought she was polydactly, but she merely has very large white mitts - and she loves giving kitty "high fives" with them. It's SO cute!

And big Mr. Mishi's (Mishigaas, Mishugenah, whatever) name comes from the Yiddish word for Kooky, crazy kitty, which he is. His foster mom at AnimalSavers is Jewish and gave him his name. He lives up to it! Actually, Mishi is a word my sister and I made up when we were kids -- a variation of a Russian word, which to us means soft, fluffy. Something you love to touch or pet. He has incredibly soft, silky, what I now know is typical Maine Coon fur, which feels exactly like my little Goldie's. I had always suspected she was part Maine Coon and now I know she was.

His write up is here:
    http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1518858

Welcome RedHedd.
    I love the stories of your kitties. Mishi was so lucky to be with you now. I imagine he must be a gorgeous boy now.
    Stay here and you will get yourself a digital camera in no time -we are looking fowards to see Mitzi and Mishi healthy and happy

What beautiful kitties and such wonderful heart-warming stories! Thanks so much for saving these two and showing them LOVE!!!
    Looking forward to more pictures of them in your home!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Mishi now has a kitty "mohawk" after being shaved. I just can't believe anyone would let a beautiful cat like him get so badly matted that he had to be shaved. Also, if you know the kind of fur Maine Coons have, it's very soft, silky and easy to maintain and really doesn't mat unless it's badly neglected. I rarely brushed my old Goldie (she wouldn't tolerate it); even so, she never matted. I can tell he will be the same low maintenance kinda cat.

It will take him a while to grow back his fluff, but he will be a stunning cat once that happens. How fast does cat hair grow? Do they have kitty Rogaine?

Mitzi has long, thick, deep, dense fur that needs daily brushing. I have to fool her into thinking I'm petting her with the brush to do her maintenance. She also seems to think the brush is a good thing to try to clean her teeth on.

They're each special in their own ways.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    What beautiful kitties and such wonderful heart-warming stories! Thanks so much for saving these two and showing them LOVE!!!
    Looking forward to more pictures of them in your home!!!
    Ditto, and Welcome to Pet Talk!

Christine

Welcome to Pet Talk!! Both of your kitties are beautiful!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Welcome to Pet Talk RedHedd!!! I'm sure you'll love it here. Both of your cats are gorgeous. I'm a big orangie fan. My Storm was rescued from the Humane Society and I also think he has some Maine Coon in him too. His fur is also very silky and soft and he's never had a matting problem either. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your cats and seeing more pics too.

Both of your cats are so beautiful! And I loved reading their stories, they are very lucky to have a good forever home now.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Welcome! Hope you become as addicted as we all are!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Welcome to Pet Talk. You really need a digital camera, as we need more photos of your beautiful cats.

Welcome and WOW you certainly picked 2 beauties!!!!!!!!!