Thread: Do they let you know?

Do they let you know?

My mom's Rottweiler, Rose, she's 9 years old. Ever since I can remember, she's had a food bowl in front of her face. Not necessarily eating the food, it just has to be there.

Anytime she eats a few pieces or another dog comes along and eats it, she must have more! She can NOT go without having a full bowl. It's a bowl that makes a loud sound when hit by claws. Anyway, that's what she'll do --- she'll hit the bowl with her paw, making the really loud clicking sound to let us know she wants more food in her bowl. She is also very persistant. If she doesn't get her food within the first few hits of the bowl, she'll eventually tip the whole bowl over. She's also like this with her water bowl. Her water MUST be clean. When we get a new bag of dried dog food and fill her bowl up with it, the smell of it is really strong... it's really cute, she won't eat the food for a while, but she'll keep smelling it. She's attached to her food bowl. Like if you need her to move so you can vacuum, just take her food bowl and put it on her bed and she'll be there. Oh... and she won't eat food that's been on the floor. After she's dumped her food onto the floor, I put it back in her bowl and it won't be touched. She'll just keep hitting her bowl until she gets fresh, new, out of the bag food.

Does anyone else's dog do this or something similar?
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

A couple pics of Rosie:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rosie is so cute!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

That's some funny stuff.

Rosie is adorable!!!
    My dogs don't do that, but Abbey will bring me her water dish if it is empty!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

She is so cute

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

haha, Rosie is funny. My dog hits his bowl with his paw when it's empty also but he doesn't tip it over (actually he can't tip it over because his bowls sit in a metal stand that prevents tipping). He'll keep hitting it until we fill it up again. But he doesn't mind food off the floor, he'll eat anything!

LOL, lovemyshiba, that's too cute.

Unfortunately, Rose had a stroke a while ago and the right side of her face doesn't work anymore. It's really sad... she can't really keep the spit in her mouth on the right side. She also has fluid build up around her heart, so I have to give her a Lasix twice a day, every day, for the rest of her life. She has also has hip displaysia for a while now, so I give her food with glucosamine in it and daily glucosamine/hip pills. I was giving her Rimadyl, but that's just way too expensive.

Anyway, thanks everyone!

JGuitaristR, you keep lovin on Rose!

mine don't do that either, but that is pretty funny, mine just bark until i get them more, i have 2 toy poodles, but they all seem to have there own personality's, jordan loves vegtables, where pepper he don't want anything but the iams