Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *PET PORTRAITS*

*PET PORTRAITS*

Hello! I have a pet website (yes there is more too it than just drawings lol) if anyone would like to check it out. I need some poems for my new Pet Poetry page so please send them to me if you have any. There is a great new offer at my website, so check there to find out how to get a free drawing. Please sign the guestbook too! Let me know what you think of my site! Thanks~~Amy
    PS look for my dogs Reggie and Smokey to be the dog of the day, I just submitted their photos

SORRY I FORGOT TO PUT DOWN THE URL! Here it is: http://www.geocities.com/wolf_q/home.html

Wolf-Q, those are fantastic drawings, did you do them? Reggie the Schnauzer is just adorable, I have a little girl Schnauzer that looks just like Reggie. She is black and has those big ears that never tipped.
    Smokey is neat too. Did you see a Schnauzer won first prize in the Westminister last night in the working dogs. If you would like to see Daisy and Perry http://schnauzerville.homestead.com
    Jackie By the way what do you charge for a pencil portrait!

[This message has been edited by jackiesdaisy1935 (edited February 13, 2001).]

Wow! I think I found a kindred spirit! Welcome to Pet Talk Wolf_Q! I checked out your website. All of your artwork is just wonderful! How long have you been drawing?? Like you, animals are just about the only thing that I draw, and pencil is my medium. Although I hadn't thought about putting them on the web!! I have just recently picked back up on my drawing and have been doing wolf portraits of the wolves that I was lucky enough to work with while I was in college at Purdue University. If you're interested in wolves, be sure to check out http://www.wolfpark.org/ This is where I did some volunteer work during my college years. It's such a wonderful place! I learned so much about my favorite animal in the wild
    I just thought it was so funny that you also like U2, one of my favorite groups! I have every single one of their albums

Hope you enjoy it here in Pet Talk land, it's a really fun place

Thanks Jackie! Your dogs are ADORABLE!! I really like Miss Daisy, she reminds me so much of my Reggie! I love the big ears, so much personality. I'm going to post some new photos of Reggie and Smokey soon, most of those are pretty old. I charge $30 for a 9x1 pencil portrait, $40 11x14.~~Amy

Thank u 2 wolflady (lol) I am 16, and have been drawing basically my whole life...I just love to draw and I love animals. That is cool that you love wolves too, what a great experience to be able to work with wolves! I would love to do that. If you ever get any of your wolf drawings on the web, I would love to see them. Wow, another U2 fan! Are you a wireling? Check out my u2 club http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/u2popmuzik if you'd like. I think I have like 35 U2 cds LOL.~~Amy

Wow you're good! For those of you who can't draw, like me, don't even try to draw your pets. They are so cute and if you are bad you make them look horrible. LOL I tried to draw Daisy last year in art class and it was so hideous. I got a C and I deserved it!!! Needless to say, I am not taking art this year.... Wolf_Q that's quite a gift you got there.

Hi Amy!

Your background sounds a lot like mine! I've been drawing as long as I can remember. As soon as I build my computer I'm planning on putting up website, so I'll be sure to let you and everybody here know when it's up! I'll be sure to add my wolf pics too
    Working with the wolves at Wolf Park was the greatest experience. Sure, I did the gross cleaning the enclosures work, but it was definitely worth it! Especially since we got to interact with them and learn about them.
    I'll be sure to check out your U2 club! What's your fave album? I still think the Joshua Tree is my all time fave

Thanks Daisy's Mom! Wolflady, sounds like working at Wolf Park would be a great experience! There really isn't anything like that close to me, maybe the zoo...but maybe I could get to go there some day. I'd love to see your wolf pics when you get them up. I think Achtung Baby is my favorite cd, although its very hard to decide! One is my fav song. Hey, I bathed and groomed my dogs today. They look really cute, I'll have to post some new photos of them at my website.~~Amy

WOW!! Your good!!! I draw too!!!! Maybe I can show you some time!!!

JKRJG24: thanks! I would love to see your drawings, do you have them online?

I'll e-mail the to Paul and ask him to help me put them online!!!

I am sorry, wolfq, but you SO TOTALLY copied me!!!!! I have posted 5 topics about animal art, and one of them is on the second topic page, its called DOG ART, and a month b4 that i was posting all these topics about I can draw your pet,! I am so mad. Im 14 and I draw just as good as you except I don't happen to have a scanner so i can't post them
    ! ! ! I even offered to draw people's pets and take a pic with the digicamera and one person replied except i lost her adddress YOU COPIED ME!!!

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited February 17, 2001).]

Okay, karlicat, calm down. You'll notice I edited your post - there is no need to call someone names. Lots and lots of people draw, and do pet potraits. No one "copied" anyone else, it is something people have been doing since before you or I were even born. Be polite, please, and calm down. No one said you couldn't do pet portraits, too, did they? You do need, however, to promise to keep better track, if people send you their address or anything, you should email that person back.

This is one of my pictures that I drew! I'm still learning so it's not perfact!! In fact I made quite a few mastakes!!! Don't worry karlicat I don't sell my pictures!!!