Thread: Jack and Oscar update--again

Jack and Oscar update and name change

I am changing Jacks name to (handsome)Henry and Oscars to (gorgeous)George.

well I just had to tell everyone... that the new boys are getting along very well with each other! they cuddle and lick each other, I went in there and dozed off on the bed for a while, and then I saw that they were right next to each other, touching, and Jack had his front leg over Oscars back! they groom themselves, and are eating, using the litter box, both of them, so everything seems fine, I just have to get their health checked, I haven't done yet... ...

I thnk it is good that these 5 can see the new ones thru the glass doors, what do you think, will that make the first introduction easier?

also- they love attention, but they don't whine if I give attention to the other one, they seem content to just relax near by! THAT will be a help when I have them out with the other ones... cassie is jealous, she hangs close by me whenever I come back to this part of the house!
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 05-07-2003 at 02:19 AM.

Yes... I think the first introduction will be easier since they can see each other.... and you should probably crack the door so they can sniff each other and then you can see how they react.

Do the other kitties go to the glass door and check them out any?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sara
    yes the 5 cats look out the door at the new ones, and the new ones look back.. not all five at one time, but I will see different ones looking and there will be one of the new cats looking back, sometimes Jack and other times Oscar.

well wouldn't you know it? just say something and then they prove you wrong! I went in there to check on them one last time for the night, and Jack hissed at Oscar(oscar is the orange one)

I was petting Jack and Oscar came over, and that made jack hiss.
    then I played with them a bit, thought they are getting cabin fever. and then they both went for the same toy and twice that caused minor hissing and swatting. I waved one hand near them to stop them. then I brought them a couple more toys, and this one was a big hit with Oscar, he played with and chased it all around on the bed, while I played with Jack. I put a feliway plug in , in there hoping that will keep them calm.

I think I have posted a pic of this toy once before around the time when I brought home Patches and Charlie, but you have to see this thing, most of the cats go nuts over it, like Oscar did... I have about 5 or 6 of them... I wave the tail around and they go after it then they pummel the head with thier back feet, its really a crack up.

Henry and George are great names. But just out of pure curiosity, did they come with names?

Jen
    yes they did, one was named icon and I don't remmeber the others name, or who was who. I wanted to re-name them

dumb me... I forgot to include the pic with the above post! here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images