Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS driver brings treats!!!!

UPS driver brings treats!!!!

What a cool day.
    The UPS man came today with a package, and while Kito and Abbey couldn't get to the door because of our gate, Riley jumped right over to greet him. Knowing how some people are about dogs, I grabbed him and tried to hold him back. The man says, "nah, give him to me", and holds on to him while I signed for the package, and gets treats out of his pocket for Riley!!!
    My husband has a friend who drives for UPS too, and he carries dog treats with him on his route also!!

I thought that was neat--they must be a dog friendly company!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

That's sweet!!

At our old house, we had a man who would take walks every evening, he would always stop by our house and give Benny, my first dog a treat... it was like a routine
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I always keep dog treats or chew sticks in my pickup truck.

If I go away for the weekend, giving a dog a treat makes me feel a little closer to home.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

OMG! The UPS driver brings treats to our house too! The FedEx Truck Driver LOVES Prince. He goes home and tells his wife and makes a big fuss over him!

I love friendly deliverers
    We get an order of organic foods every Friday. The same lady delivers it every week and she always comes in to get some Ruby kisses and give Ruby some organic doggy snacks. She's so nice Ruby loves her

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

How Great!

My 3 say it's no fair though. Whenever we get a delivery, noone brings treats for them

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re: How Great!

Originally posted by anna_66
    My 3 say it's no fair though. Whenever we get a delivery, noone brings treats for them
    Same here. They're always afraid of my dogs.
    ~Kat

Hehe.. i'm sure the UPS man likes Simba... Simba chased him all the way to his truck one day.. He's protective!

Random fact- Nelly was a UPS man befor he got famous!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Random fact- Nelly was a UPS man before he got famous!
    Nelly who ?

just kidding
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Great UPS driver! Ours just drops off the package and runs off the porch.

I will be sure to tell him about this the next time he comes 'round!
    Lisa, Max and Spike

Originally posted by Fuzzy317
    Nelly who ?

just kidding
    Lol you scared me for a sec

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

One of our old RB dogs "Alfalfa" (don't ask) used to ride up to the drive-in window at the bank every time I went and the teller would always have treats. One day my son went up to cash a check I wrote out to him and the teller, upon seeing my name on the check, instead of asking for ID said "What's your dogs name?" My son's dog was his ID

Our Central Maine Power (electricity) guy throws a couple of treats to Jack when he comes to read the meter, that is if he's hooked out. I think the guy is trying to distract Jack from barking at him! Funny thing, though, Jack won't eat the treats. Weirdo.
    - April
    Mom to Jack, Rottweiler,
    and Pinhead, cat.

We have the sweetest UPS man! He always has a smile and a treat for the VERY excited Cody and Star who run to the door to greet him!! And the nice lady at the bank always puts a couple of cookies in the basket at the drive up window! No wonder they love going for car rides!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

The Big Brown *Treat Truck*

Our former and now retired UPS driver, Dallas, had a soft spot for the dogs on his route, and always carried a box of Milk Bones on the dash of his Big Brown Treat Truck.

Casey [RB, ] would *hear* the truck as it pulled into the plazza across the street and she would go out front to await his arrival and treat. Major disappointment in her day if we didn't get a delivery. Dallas started pullin up out front even if we Didn't have a package; Casey would climb up in the truck, Sit, Beg, and Shake - and get a bisquit!
    I told Dallas he didn't really need to stop almost every day - and he asked "Do you KNOW what she does if I don't turn into your lot!?" Uhhh, no...
    She would note which way the truck turned out of the plazza - Left meant he would pull in, a right meant he wasn't stopping here. As soon as he started a right turn, She would assume a perfect *BEG* stance and *stare* at him! If he saw her - he couldn't resist stopping!

Shadow [RB, ] took over from Casey; but didn't have quite the same finesse - Shadow just started *barking* as soon as the Big Brown Truck came into view ! No delivery & No bisquit? She'd *pout* for an hour!

Relief drivers had to be shown where the Shop's Bisquit Jar was - NObuddie dropped a package without paying the Busquit Tax!

And now we have Cinder...
    and UPS drivers with no treats on board...
    In warm weather, the lil Gas Company Meter Reader Gurl parks her limo and walks through 12-15 yards. Even though she packs a Treat Pouch (which also holds her can of *Dawggie Mace") ... Miz Cinnerz looks upon her as an Unwelcome Intruder! Last summer I heard *scrambling dawg klawz*, frightful barking, and a panic shrIEEK! from beside the Shop. I dashed out to find Cinder, *dragging* poor Smokey along (they were tied together), giving her worst impression of a *Vicious Attack Dawg* - running towards the poor Meter Gurl! The poor Gurl - wide-eyed in fear - was frantically throwing busquits, juggling her meter computer, and trying to un-clip her "Dawggie Mace" weapon. Lucky for all, she backed up far enough, and quickly enough, that Cinder ran out of rope! I'm sad to report that we're no longer on her Walk & Read route . She drives up and *Honks* before she will even get out of the car now.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy