Thread: Bird personality match???

Bird personality match???

Does anyone know where I can find a quiz to see which type of bird I would be best suited with? I want to get one when I'm older, but I'm still unsure as to what type would be a good match for me..
    I've been BOO'd!

i never thought there was a best breed for somebody but that sounds like a neat idea..............
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    we didnt have to go to war
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

yeah...I've been doing alot of reseacrh trying to figure out which bird is the best for me, I can't seem to find any good information..I really like macaws, but they need quite a large cage, so I don't want one..I also really like african greys and any type of conures, but it would be nice to take a quiz or hear from an expert..I'm a sucker for talking birds lol. I think it would be so cool to teach a bird to talk I want to teach it to sing "who let the dogs out" like that one bird that was potd.
    I've been BOO'd!

I think that the best bird for me would be a cockatoo, not a budgie or a cockatiel...I also love lovebird and finches.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I agree with PCB. You should definately start out with a smaller bird if its a first bird. Birds need TONS of attention... just remeber that too! I found this site.... its not about specific types of birds but defiantely stuff to think about.

http://www.realmacaw.com/pages/whichbird.html

and also remember when you find a bird you like.... research it A TON! lol.

I saw my first black headed caique in a exotic bird shop, and instantly fell in love with her. then i went home and did research for like 3 months... lol.

Dont forget You *HAVE* to prepare a great diet for your bird every day. for example, we give tiki grapes in the morning.... cut up apples or oranges in the afternoon for her..... and make her corn every night. its daily, and you have to serve it weather or not you "feel like it".

Also, you must remember, that when you see the bird for the first time, it may be skidish around you. Tiki was really shy and nervous around me when i first saw her and got her, but that doesnt mean she wasnt tame. she was really really tame, it just took some time to gain her trust.

but im sure whatever bird you decide to get, you'll be a happy birdie mommy! Even with all this responsibility, you will be rewarded with a loving, playful, funny, cheerful life companion.
    Last edited by Jessica12345; 05-03-2003 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks everyone I think I was moreso leaning towards the conure anyways lol. Cocketiels are easier to come by though, and less expensive, so I think I'll have to wait and see what oppurtunities come along
    I've been BOO'd!