Thread: Shedding....

Shedding....

Cat hair is truly a condiment. I vaccuum constantly, but I always walk out the door with cat hair on me. I don't know how as the kitties are not allowed in my bedroom near my clothes and I don't pick them up in the morning before I leave. I never see cat hair on the carpets or furniture...I guess it blends well...I however do not. I mostly wear dark colored clothes and Gi and Bix shed unbelievably...white hair all over me. I keep a a lint brush by the door, but that doesn't get everything. Cat hair sticks to my clothes better than any super glue I know.

Gi is the worst. I brush her every day, but no matter how long I brush her, you can pet her after and still have a ton of hairs sticking to your hand after. And she has such long hair. I thought about bringing her to the groomer to trim it down some, but I want something that'll last longer.

My question...has anyone used any shed stop products, and if so what kind and how well did it work? THANKS!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

No, but we shave our long hairs twice a year and I keep those tape rollers in my car and all over the house.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

No tips here but I purposely got two ALL black kitties cause I wear black mostly. The trick is finding bedding in dark colors...doesn't exist. But as they say "Home is where the cat hair sticks to everything BUT the cat!" I need to invest stock in those lint roller thingies...

I want some tips me too

I brush Toby down with the sticky roller, lol he seems to like it

Does anyone have any smart tips for removing cat hair off clothes?!! I have the same problem. I brush Darwin and try to be careful with the clothes I wear but no matter what you do ... there is fur everywhere!!

I like this product. Its reusable and basically rolls the fur up into little "balls" that fall away.
    http://www.outinternational.com/proddetl4.htm
    I haven't had much luck with those sticky roller things ... just not up the job I find ...

I also love the "rubber" brushes (many brands available). They seem to do a good job of taking off the loose fur before it can be shed ... and Darwin just loves the feeling of them ... like a kitty massage

Just wondering what other people have tried or used? What works and what does't ...

Please help ...
    Anne & Darwin

PS. I can never wear my black fleece spring jacket anymore ... black fleece is a fur magnet and NOTHING will take my poor Darwin's lightly coloured fur off that!! Perhaps I need to buy clothes that "match" my cat's fur