Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you miss your cat when you go to work?

Do you miss your cat when you go to work?

Am I the only one who misses their cat when they are at work? Granted, I don't want to be here today and it's gorgeous outside. I just want to be home playing with my big guy. (And i think he's getting bigger by the day.
    Anyone else feel separation anxiety for all of 9 hours?

I don't go to work, I go to school but I still miss my Blueberry very much. I want to get him another cat, but my parents won't let me. He must feel very lonely
    I really miss him, and I'm not home for about 8 hours! When I get a job, I think I'll want to open a store of my own and bring my animals to work with me That would be fun
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I work at home. That keeps everybody happy!

Oh my yes! I hate going out the door in the morning and saying goodbye. Part of it is the "What if..." scenerios that manage to find their way into my brain. What if something happens and I am not there....That is what really scares me. I have this silly routine. As I am going out the door I have to tell them I love them...as if it is going to protect them. If I don't say it (for whatever reason) I have found myself calling the answering machine just to say it then. Of course that means I have to run into the house to erase it so my hubby doesn't hear it and think I am even goofier than he already does. The other part is I just flat out miss them. I could just sit and watch and cuddle for hours. Sigh....3 more hours 'til I get home....AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I wanna go NOW!!!!!

Hehehe, I always tell him I love him and I'll be home later, like he knows what I'm saying. But I thought I remember hearing something years ago, when I had a dog, that if you tell them "i'll be back" every day, they will know that you are coming back. Who knows, maybe I was dreaming.

Of course!! Especially because I see everyone else's cats all day and I just wanna see my own!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Same here, I hate being seperated from Luna all day when I was at work, I missed her so much!

Kirsten

I miss my boys terribly every day. I just got back from a business trip and that is even worse!! I call the sitter everyday to check on "the kids". She says alot of her clients do but it doesn't make me feel any less silly!! I also think about the "what if's". I dread if there's a fire or earthquake. When we had the "big one" in 89 here I walked 14 miles home to find both my guys huddled under the kitchen table with all kitchen cabinets emptied to the floor and all book cases dumped and leaning against the kitchen table. I can still feel the relief that they hadn't been hurt or gotten out of the house. I've been thinking of chipping them ever since. I just have to trust they are smart enough to stick to the house I guess.

I always miss them. I make sure every body gets a "good bye" when I leave and when I get home they all get a "hello" and a pet or a belly rub or a kiss (depending on what they like). And today especially,. I wanted to get home to those new babies!!!!!!!

I am working again part time after being unemployed. I miss my time with Lovable, but he knows I have to go to work to keep him in toys and gourmet cat food. I think about him a lot though. It was a nice morning today, so before I went to work I did laundry and had him outside for a half hour.
    Steffi and Lovable

OH MY GOSH YES!!!!!!

I have their pictures all over my desk... and it makes me miss them so much...
    Then Eric will call and tell me about the cute things they are doing and I miss them even more!!!!!
    Just like now!!!! I am at work and this thread is making me wanna go home so bad!!! And it is storming here real bad too....!!

*sigh*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

i think my dad misses me before he even leaves the
    house to go to work..he stands at the door and tells me to behave and that, 'he loves me'.

i ignore him....since i'm a guy cat i can't have him stand at
    the door and profess his love for me.....i think he does that for the neighbors...

for pete's sake!!!!!

(when i lived with my mom he'd call from work to leave messages on the answering machine......what a nerd.......)

eddie d katz
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I miss them a lot and dream about bringing them to work - if the office is big enough for two hoomans, then surely four little, eeny, weeny cats won't hurt???

I got home last night from interstate and I could see Mini in the front window waiting for me. He was so happy to see me home and ran to the front door. I hate leaving them.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I miss Ally so much when I am at work. I have her picture next to my son and hubby. Sometimes my screensaver kicks in (I have installed webshots and loaded a whole pile of holiday pics, and Ally pics) and I actually find myself tickling her chin on my monitor...... (You know what they say - "Of all the things Iv'e lost in life, I miss my MIND the most!)

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

YES!!!!!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."