Thread: help me with my rat?

help me with my rat?

I have an adorable Silky-Vixen rat calld Nickel and I love him to bits! but he's kind of weird when I handle him. He's constantly trying to run down my shirt, or sneak around the back of my neck, or get under my arm. Is this normal behavior? I have had no previous experience with rats so I don't know much.

Also, am I allowed to feed Nickel cheese? I remember reading somewhere that cheese can be harmful, but I'm not sure. Please help? Thankyew
    ~Jenna

yes this is normal. he is simply curious. my hammies try to do the same thing lol. he just needs time to explore everything.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Yes, of course that is normal. Rats are EXTRMEMELY inquisitive animals, and love to explore every nook and cranny they can get in. My rats love to curl up in my hair and lay there while I am on the computer.

I too read that cheese is not so good to feed your rat, I only give my guys a little bit every once in a while. Let me see if I can dig up some information on the cheese thing...I can't quite remember.

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

thanks!

Thankyou very much -- I just needed reassurance
    ~Jenna