I understand that over 40 media outlets have requested space outside the BiLo Center today to cover the Dixie Chicks opening concert of their US tour, which is here tonight. Let's see, the Dixie Chicks are here, with their opening act, Joan Osborne, Kevin Costner is in town playing golf in the BMW charity event at Cliffs of Glassy Mountain, along with a number of other golfers. I think that there will be hundreds of protesters outside the BiLo Center today and tonight. And then there's the alternative concert in Spartanburg that I told you about before. That's where Scott and I will be. Helen is going with my friend, Sherry, and her husband and son to the Dixie Chicks. My favorite Christian Rock band, Mercy Me, will be at Furman University tonight as well. We'll be stomping our feet to Marshall Tucker and joining in at the patriotic ceremonies there.

What I hope doesn't happen might happen. This stupid County Council has refused to grant a Martin Luther King holiday and there are many who are very upset about that. The State of SC recognizes the holiday, the Federal Government recognizes the holiday, but in this town, they won't. Jesse Jackson and his entourage were here every week for months trying to force it, which is why I think the council voted it down. I imagine if we have national coverage about the Dixie Chicks, that ugly story will rear it's head too. Even if the decision wasn't racially motivated, it looks like it is. I'm afraid our publicity might not be very positive.

Stay tuned, you might hear about us sometime today or tonight on your news! I just hope people will keep it clean.

Logan