8 57.14%
  • a year or more

2 14.29%
  • not sure

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long to wait?

how long to wait?

for those with more than one cat, how long did you wait til you got a new one?

what do you think is a good amount of time to wait?

What is a good time to wait ?

We adopted George in August 2002.
    We adopted Milly in Early March 2003
    We adopted Milo in Late March 2003

Three cats in about eight months !!!

And if PayForIt and common sense hadn't won out, we would have also adopted Sooty late March as well.

PS. As the cat decides who he/she will live with, I would let the cat decide ???

Umm, I can't say, since I have only one cat. My only cat is Blueberry, the other ones belong to my grandmother, who always says that they're mine too
    But I think that a good amount of wait is a few months, because in my opinion, I think that the younger the kitten is, the easier it'll be to introduce them.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Like PayItForward, I shouldn't answer this either. I have a "cat problem" (Proud of it, by the way!!)

We waited a few months in between cats.

Noah: June 2001
    Noel: November 2001
    Basil: August 2002
    Olivia: December 2002
    Micah: March 2003
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I got all my cats one year apart...I guess I get 'cat fever' once a year!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Jack and Oscar will be saying hello soon, at least I hope so... I hope the lady calls back. maybe she thinks 5 cats is too much to introduce them to??

I know, I'm just plain crazy!

I averaged 1 per year until 2002. Then all heck broke lose!

Y.Lee 9-1994
    Lucas 9-1995
    Amber 11-1996
    Fern/Rutherford 5-1997
    Jasper 10-1998
    Monte 2-2000 (what, no cat in 1999?)
    Willow 3-2001
    Ashley/Calvin 5-2002 (here we go)
    Biddy 6-2002
    Jim/Kim 11-2002

and everyone of them is lucky to have you, everyone.

Nov 2000 I got Muffin
    march 2001--Cookie
    march 2002--Emma and Louise
    July 2002 --Charlie and Patches
    oct--Callie and Cassie

and now, hopefully, I will get the two new ones.

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    ...We waited a few months in between cats.

Noah: June 2001
    Noel: November 2001
    Basil: August 2002
    Olivia: December 2002
    Micah: March 2003
    That means you're due for a new cat by June!!!

We waited nearly a year between cats. We were moving house and it seemed a good time for us and the cats when we settled into the new place. I think the cats almost decide when it's a good time Good luck with getting Jack and Oscar!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

well sooti came into our lives when ash had been here over 2 years, and when my darling went to rainbow bridge i waited 6 wks before getting lexie, i kinda wanted one sooner, but i felt it was disrespectful to my sooti, for everyone its different, i remember the weekend i adopted lexie i was trying desperately to win tickets to c santana live in auckland on the radio (i am very lucky winning on radio stations) but alas no luck, i reckon i was not meant to, as i would have missed out on getting my little angel lexie, things happen for a reason dont they?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I think you should wait at least a few months before getting new cats. This way you can make sure that your current cat/cats are healthy and that they have adjusted to their new environment too. I got:
    Storm-Jan. 1997
    Pepper- May 1997
    Sunny- April 2000
    Cirrus-March 2003

I am with my friend jen on this one as they do seem to come in waves. pouncer was in 1984 , Mr Scrappy 1985 , Buster in 1988 , then Princess in 1993 , then I bought the house in 1994 , then came BoBo , Rb smokey , sam and diane in 1996 , Pecious in 1997 , Joseph in 1996 . The rest came in the years after 2000 , with Tom being one of three cats Rascal , Roscoe being the others that I have adopted in the last Year, I just wish that I had kept a written record. My God I just realized just how ols some of the residents are!But Ilove older Cats , just flat out love them!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I was going to wait forever, Mary, or at least as long as Mimi was with me, I pledged I wouldn't add another one. But who could resist this face, when it was so very cold outside?? Mimi was 11 years old when Butter showed up. And they're both still here. At least they haven't killed each other yet!!!

That picture was taken right after I let him inside from our webcam. Poor quality, but you can see why I loved him immediately!!!

yes I can definately see! what a sweetie!

Well I didn't get to really decide how long to wait between Zam and Boba. Both were strays that I needed to get indoors.

I voted not sure. If you know in your heart that it is right and don't have any doubts then time shouldn't be a factor.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June