Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axel is getting a family! Great weekend...

Axel is getting a family! Great weekend...

Axel is the GSD boy that I was hoping would work out for Stacwase but was cat aggressive. By the way...congratulations on Max! He looks like a sweetie. Thank you for adopting him and giving him a better life.

He is moving to WI and they are leaving there this morning to make the 10 hour trip. They'll stay overnight in town and take him home tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pics of him and his new family. He'll be living with 2 Rotties and an Iguana. I hope the Iguana survives meeting him.

My sweet Ayla got adopted yesterday and I still haven't quite gotten over her leaving. I came "this close" to keeping her for myself but I decided I did not need 5 dogs right now and besides, I wouldn't have room for anymore rescue dogs. I found the perfect home for her after deleting about 40 other applications or just plain ignoring them. This is her and her new mom:

AND my Basenji/Kelpie mix got adopted! I forgot to get a pic of her new family because I was so happy to see her go! LOL I don't often dislike any of the rescue dogs but this one and me just did not see eye to eye. Bullheaded is a good description of her.

So it's been a great weekend for all the rescue dogs and now I just have my little orphan pups. It's going to seem mighty quiet around here until I take my next trip to the pound......
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Congrats on all the wonderful placements. You are an absolute gem. My sister is in the process of adopting from the GSD rescue organization in Rochester ( her wonderful GSD MacGyver passed away last fall) - so I know how much love and work goes into finding the right people for the furbabies!!! As soon as she gets her new addition I will definately be posting pics of my new nephew/niece.

Best of luck to your sister and thank her for me for adopting a rescue dog! GSD's are the best. I can't think of another breed I'd rather have. Of course they can also drive you crazy and wear you right out. My female is a ball driven, high drive, nutcase most of the time!
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Congrats on all your adoptions Tracy! What a great weekend for you!!

Congratulations on finding them homes!! And I just adore that pic of Ayla with her new mommy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congratulations on finding a forever home for Axel!! I'm sure he'll make an excellent companion for his new family! Congratulations to your other rescue dogs, too, of course!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

What great updates!!! I'm so happy to read so many terrific dogs have finally found their forever homes!! GREAT work!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What wonderful news! For all of you that foster and rescue: I admire you so much and only wish I had the right words to say how wonderful you are.
    I'm too much of a softie to foster (besides, my cats would disown me!). It would hurt too much to see them go. However, I do not feel that way about our shelter cats. It gives me great joy to see them go to a loving forever home. Keep up the great work.

Love the picture of Ayla and her new Mom. Love at first sight??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Congratulations on all the successful rescue homes!! I must say Ayla and her new Mom look really happy!!

Wishing Axel and the Basenji/Kelpie good luck in their new homes, too!

Now how can it be quiet with all those little loves you still have to take care of?? Hehehe

Thanks for all you do for the unfortunate innocents!!

Please let us know how the Axel- new family meeting goes tomorrow!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

By the way, Tracy - how are the little pups doing?

Glad to hear you had a great rescue weekend!!!
    Axel is such a beauty, and he will make a wonderful companion!!!
    Congrats on the other one too!!!!
    We'll take more pics of the pups if you have them
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Here's what Axel looked like when I saw him in the pound. He was scheduled to go to research the day I pulled him.

Here's Axel this morning with his new family. I'd swear he was grinning when he got into their car and saw he had his own pillow and blanket and huge bone for the 10 hour ride home.

I think the only reason I stay in this rescue "job" is too have days like this!
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

He looks so happy! I hope they'll keep you updated!

What a great picture!! It looks like he loves his new family already!!! I hope they keep you updated!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I'll get lots of updates on Axel because she is a member of the dog community that I manage.

Had to show you guys that we have eyes now! Just noticed them this morning. The pups are 13 days old today.

Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery