Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting another foster pup tomorrow...

How are things going Leslie?

Ellie is doing really good in class. Her dad works very well with her! I hope Jessie finds as good of home as Ellie did

She's just so darn cute!

Jessie and Graham posing:

Kersey, the very best foster sister and babysitter ever:

Thanks for asking about her. I am real busy, not posting much lately, but thought I'd stop by to "check in" and give you a Jessie report. She goes to the adoption event on Sunday. It'll be hard to see her go, but it'll be nice to get my life back to the way it was

Amy, that's amazing that you are in class with Ellie and her dad. Have you told him yet that you are a friend of mine? Have you by chance invited him to the dog park on Mem. day weekend? I tried to email him and invite him last p.t. meeting, but his email box was full and it was bounced back to me. It'd be nice if you could tell him (if you feel comfortable, of course) about the dog park, since I was not able to email him.

I did talk to Halle when Grahama nd Kersey were here and told her I knew you. I did not think to mention Memorial Day, but I will try to remember before the end of claass (we have 2 weeks left). Ellie really does seem to be doing well with them. She is full of energy and always seems to push theedge a bit, but they seem have good control of her and seem to enjoy her a lot.

The pictures of Jessie are adorable!! She is just too cute!!! I love those paws!!! If I didn't have 3....

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
    She's just so darn cute!

I love this photo of Jessie! She is such a cute little tux puppy with one sleeve rolled up!
    Just look at that sweet face!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Oh she is a cutie. Amy you're right she sort of does remind me of one of my dogs...actually she kind of looks like a combo of Smudge and Winter. Winter's body but Smudge's head, she's even black and white to.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Jessie is so adorable! I still say BORDER COLLIE MIX! And I'm with Crikit -- Jessie looks like a combo of Smudge and Winter!

I wish I could adopt her!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Tomorrow is the day Jessie and I part. I have been crying on and off all day. It's supposed to get easier, but this little pup and I are even more bonded then the last batch and I were. I adore her and I just can't stand the thought of not knowing who she is going to be adopted by.

She is so attached to me and I am to her She's become a beloved member of my family, and I am just devistated. I doubt I will be taking in any more fosters (I know I said that last time), because it's even harder to let Jessie go then it was Saph and Ellie. She and I just click Please wish my little friend a happy future. I am just a mess

I drove by the zoo where they had the "adopt your best friend at the zoo" event, which she will be going to tomorrow and I couldn't stop crying.

I know EXACTLY how you feel, Leslie. Sending you big HUGS and prayers for strength.

Good luck, little Jessie.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Jessie is gorgeous...beautiful face (I can see why it's thought she has English Pointer in her).
    I understand how sad you feel to see her go to be adopted..& how concerned you are for her future.

I foster for Tibetan Spaniel Rescue & I've felt like you so many times, abosolutely full of grief & anxiety to see my fostered furries go...UNTIL I realized how all of them had gone on to WONDERFUL homes where they were loved in very special ways.

Here's a pic of my last fostered Tibbie...that I loved so much that it nearly broke my heart to part with him. Would anyone love him as much as I did, I kept wondering? Well, look at this pic & you will see him looking up at his new owner with so much love & trust in his face....ONLY 1 week after going to his new home.
    (His name is Zou Chai which means 'Good Luck' in Chinese.)

There will a similar happy ending for the lovely Jessie, too!

Cheers,
    Marie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bye-Bye, Jessie ~

Bye Jessie!

Put on yur Best tomorrow - so'z ya find a Nice Fambly!

Hey Leslie ~
    Make sure the Adopt-a-thon folks put YOUR Name & Number on her file...
    So if she isn't placed tomorrow -
    YOU get the call to pick her up.

But I don't think you need to worry...
    Jessie ought to have a crowd of folks wanting her!

Happie New Home, Jessie!
    We're sure gonna miss ya!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Aww, what a sweetie she is Leslie! I sincerely hope she finds her forever home tomorrow.

{{Huggs to the both of you}}

Oh Leslie, I'm sorry.

It must be hard letting them go, but just think of all the good you did. I hope she finds a wonderful home.
    {{{Hugs}}}

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm sure Jessie will find a wonderful home Leslie, and that is because of you! A puppy that already knows so many commands? Who wouldn't want her! Who knows? Maybe you will find out who she is adopted by....maybe she'll show up at the Park, or in a class and then you will know

We'll be thinking of you both

This is so bitter-sweet. Do they just let somebody come up to the park and fill out the form and take the dog right then and there? I know that is how it is done at most shelters too, but now that we've got to know Jessie, we just want her to have the best home there is. Leslie, I'm crying with you.

Kater's signature speaks to the lifespan of our fur kids, but I think it applies to situations such as this one as well.

*We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.*
    ~Irving Townsend
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Leslie, do they do a home check and family meet before they adopt out?

Thinking of you today.

Today I will be attending the first meeting of the new German Shepherd Dog Rescue of Northern Illinois. I am so excited!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)