Thread: Fundraising

Fundraising

Oh T-Shirts and/or hats are great. I've also seen very sharp looking rescue tote bags for sale. Petfinder offers a discount for bulk t-shirts...at least they were!

We just had a Dog Walk fundraiser over the weekend that was alot of fun. People were able to walk dogs that were in the pound if they didn't have one of their own to bring. Several dogs were adopted out of the pound because of this! We gave everyone pledge sheets several weeks in advance and raised quite a bit of money this way. Local businesses donated hotdogs and buns, chips, pop, etc. and we cooked up free lunch for everyone at the end of the walk. We also had an obediance and agility demonstration that was a big hit. I brought my huge male GSD and showed everyone how sweet GSD's can be but also how ball driven and frisbee crazy they are. My Duke had a great time herding the kids in the golf cart! This is the hubby and Duke:

I also had to drag along the pups I'm bottle feeding because we were going to be gone most of the day. I got to tell a good rescue story, which someone mentioned in a post above, to grab people's attention. Here's me bottle feeding babies:

Let's see...we also had a raffle. Local businesses and people who do crafts donated items for that and that was a big success moneywise. Another rescue person sold doggie bandanas and she brought some dogs for adoption. I didn't take any rescue dogs but I did print out descriptions and pics of dogs in need of homes.

That's about all I can think of for the moment but I'm sure something else will pop into my head.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Duke is so handsome!!!!
    What an awesome event you were involved with--there isn't any fundraising here for the animals at the shelter or anything

Sounds like a great day, and it also sounds as if you have a great community of dog lovers!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

That's great!

Sounds like you raised some much needed money, and had a good time in the process! I'm glad to hear that several of the dogs were adopted, that's awesome!
    Oh those sweet little puppies, how many are there? I couldn't quite tell by the pic. Do you have any more pics of them?
    Your GSD boy Duke is beautiful! I bet he really had alot of fun

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Tracy,

Duke is beautiful!! Don't you get a certain satisfaction in hand feeding the puppies! I know I do when I bottle feed kittens. There's no feeling like it!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks for the compliments on Duke. You should of seen him a year ago! When I pulled him from the shelter he was heartworm positive and half starved. He weighed 80 lbs and now he's 120. His coat was so brittle it would break off in my hands. I wasn't even sure he was a purebred GSD when I first spotted him. By the time I got him well enough to be neutered and adopted I was in love and he stayed.

Idiots who owned him moved and left him chained in the backyard. We're not sure how long he was back there before someone finally called animal control.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

That's really cool what you did. Duke is really a cute dog!

~Rachel
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

Update on little orphan pups

Here's some pics of the pups I took this evening. My female has completely taken them over and won't let the other dogs look at them. She was afraid of them when I first brought them home.

There were 5 in the litter but I lost one the first night. These 3 are little piglets and the 4th is separated from them right now because she's so tiny, she's not in these pics. I want her to gain some weight and strength before I put her back with them.

I believe they are Husky/GSD/Lab mixes. Just a bunch of cute mixed up mutts. They are just 2 1/2 weeks old now.

Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

OMG! They are so cute!

Thanks for sharing the pics of the tiny little pups

That was terrible what Dukes other family did to him. I'm so glad that you came into his life, he looks like a really happy dog!

The little pups are just soo cute!!! Duke is a good looking dog too!! thank you for saving all their lives!!!

SO sweet! Now, the really important question - when puppies are that tiny, do their feet smell like Fritos yet? Or can't you tell beyond the sweet puppy beath?

The fundraiser sounds like a resounding success on many levels, congratulations!

Duke is so handsome!!!! The pups are absolutely adorable and your female (what's her name?) too!!
    Last edited by Sudilar; 05-05-2003 at 08:54 PM.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

My female's name is Sadie and she's usually my high drive, gottago! gottago! gottago! dog. LOL you know the type....if you had a ball in one hand and a steak in the other, she'd go for the ball everytime. She would of been an awesome working dog but her hips are pretty bad and I have to limit her which ain't easy.

Duke's hips are solid as a rock and of course he's a couch potato type.

I love my Rottie and Pit mix dearly but these two are my heart and soul and the reason I started concentrating on doing just GSD rescue instead of all-breed like I was. I never comprehended the number of purebred GSD's in shelters until I really started looking hard.

Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by NWS_Haven
    My female's name is Sadie and she's usually my high drive, gottago! gottago! gottago! dog. LOL you know the type....if you had a ball in one hand and a steak in the other, she'd go for the ball everytime. She would of been an awesome working dog but her hips are pretty bad and I have to limit her which ain't easy.

A high Drive Sadie---I can't imagine!! I'm not sure sure about the ball/steak thing, but otherwise it sounds a lot like my Sadie-girl!!!

Karen, when there's no mom to keep them clean all I can smell is poop and pee. I have a whole lotta respect for mother dogs now.

We had our first bowl of food this morning. ROFL! The little tiny girl wore most of it.

But the Three Little Pigs adjust real fast. They don't care where it comes from as long as they can eat it.

I'm hoping I can get more sleep once they are fully weaned to the bowl and off the bottle.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

So precious!

If they just aren't the cutest little things

I'm glad to see them having their first bowl of food!