Thread: Todays Dog

Todays Dog

Amen to mixed breeds all over the world. My dog loves the outdoors too...but we live in the city. She also has a regal way about her that makes all the male dogs turn their heads. She knows she has many admirers so she picks and chooses who she plays with.

I got my dog as a puppy and two months later my Mom passed away. She kept me going through a difficult time and thanks to her friendly nature, she kept me from isolating. People say that I resecued ehr but I alsways reply with "She rescued me."

I took her the moutains recently and she got lost in the woods for a little while and thought she might want to live there,(unlimited squirrels, clean water streams and patches of snow to relax on when she got hot) but she came back to me. I have a land lady who gives her leftovers after all!

Andrea

Welcome Andrea! Dogs never cease to amaze me in their capacity to heal! Your's sounds so special, just like Talkeenta, and I'm so glad she was their for you in your time of grief. Please join us and let us know more about your and your special pup! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Todays Dog

Thank you.

Alma is a Shephard mix with a black snout...hence my screen name. She is part Akita and or Huskey so she has a very regal gate. She loves every human being except for evil people. She especially loves the elderly.

Alma has a subtle mask of black which makes her look like she carefully applies her make-up every day. She is a fawn color so the contrast is very attractive. When she was a puppy, she was a tomboy but now she is very lady-like. She is not one to jump into mud puddles. She will delciately jump around or over them.

Alma is not perfect. She does not like whiney or scrappy dogs and will make it known. She will also snub any overly amorous male dog. She would be the femme fatale in any "Doggy Soap Opera"...like Joan Collins in Dynasty or Donna Mills in Knotts Landing. However, I love her for everything that she is and would not change a thing!

With people, she is a schmoozer and has led me to many friends.

I wish she could live forever. I will always have a dog though.

Alma sounds like one very beautiful and special young lady!! She sounds a lot like my Husky/Shep Cody! And chance of pics??? We love pics here! Hugs to sweet Alma from Sandra, Star and Cody!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I just need to get some scanned. Where are you guys from? Alma is a Los Angeles dog (hence the vanity issue).

Does she have all the accoutrements that come with being a California girl?? My girls, (Star is a Lab) are New Englander's...hence the cool "aloofness!" Hope to see those pics soon! Please post in Dogs General about your Alma and introduce yourself. I know everyone will be so happy to welcome you!

todays dog! talee!!!

Wow, she's a cutie. i have a chow mix too her name sasha she lived on a truck stop for about 2 wks of hear early life & was then brought home to me, she was bout 11 wks when i got her, she's been the best best dog ever...now i have two husky puppies....and they are full of life, thats where she gets her spirit from!