Thread: Kitty Wipes

Kitty Wipes

When I was at Petsmart today I bought these wipes that you can use to clean your cat so you don't have to bathe them, they are supposed to help remove dander and since I have allergies to my cats I figured that would be easier than bathing them. I was wondering if anyone else has used these kitty wipes, and if they've helped any. I just finished using one on Tibby and she didn't seem too happy about it, but it was much better than on the occasions where I've actually bathed her.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

We used a simular wipe from our local petshop, once on George (after he had been ill, and his fur started to spike).

Much better than bathing him (Still get evil looks off him though.)

Never heard of that over here, but it seems to be a much better solution than bathing, 'cause most cats really hate that! Could imagine they won't like the scent of these wipes though.

Kirsten

The ones we got smelt like talc but George didn't seem to mind.

When we bathed him, he recleaned every inch of himself and took several hours to forgive us. With the wipes, he just sat down and went to sleep !

I really like the wipes! Jonah used to have a problem where he'd step in his mess in the litterbox or get his tail on it..much better than actually doing a whole bath!!

(Plus, I think they smell good!)

Got evil looks from Jonah, though!!

I bought some for Nakita and the actual smell that came from them was wayyyy to overpowering! I could still smell it on her fur a couple of days later!

I don't think Nakita was too impressed about the smell either. I'm currently in search of a less scented kitty wipe.

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I've been wondering about trying them too! What brand did you get? Try them and let me know what you think!!! hehe

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

We have those and I actually planned on giving Micah and Basie a "bath" with them tonight...they are starting to get that kitty smell.

They are really great, we love them.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

They sound great, I've never heard of them though. I want to try some too, since it should be easier than bathing Blueberry, what brand did you get?
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Dis id Bach...
    I wan tu tell u about dem baf wyps... dey iz all me meowmie usez. I will admit, i hate bafs.. but I hate dem wyps tu!

Me meomie saiz dey is "da way tu go" wut ever dat meanz.

I tink, "no bafs,, no madder how u do em"... dey get me wet and smelly! Meowmie saiz dat dey make me an my siblingz smell gud. Wut doez she kno newayz!

It sure id quiker den a baf tho! Me an my siblingz go hide if we see her wif dem wypes, but I will say, it iz fastur! shh.. dun tell her I said dat... she might go get dem out again!

I bought them thinking I could use them in between MooShoo's bath time (I bathe him every 2 weeks). I have to agree with Russian Blue when she said their scent was overpowering. Now I just use a wet soft wash cloth with a little kitten shampoo on it. Nothing beats soap and water.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The kind I bought was made by Simple Solution and they are called Allergy Relief Wipes, so far I like them, they don't have a strong smell and Tibby looks fluffier. The wipes also have a money back guarantee.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I have used the wipes in the past when I bring home one of the cat's from the vets office. You know how animals will smell different after a visit at the vet, well I find this helps with the re-adjustment period. (i.e., less fighting and hissing )