Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!

Oh Aly!!! God is testing that great big heart of yours again. And in true Aly fashion, you came through with flying colors! I know how heartbreaking it is for you. But, I think that someone up above had definite plans in mind for Willow! You did the most selfless thing. You opened up your heart and your arms and handed over a gift of love and comfort to another so desperately in need. Sounds like your were definitely being used....used as an instrument of love, caring and compassion! I know it hurts right now. But think of it as a "good hurt" if you can! Love you so dearly for all that you are! Just think what joy you and Willow have brought to another!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh Karen...
    I've just now caught up with this posting
    after missing the last few days comments.
    I made it thru all the comments with a few
    sniffles, but after reading the poem to Aly
    from Willow, well I just lost it. Bawled
    like a baby. The poem is just Beautiful !!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks everyone. Karen, your poem has me in tears too. Everyone's words here always make me feel so much better. I cried so much last night that I woke up with swollen eyes and could barely see for hours. I kept resisting the urge to call them today to check on her. I want to give them time. If they don't call me in a few days, I'll probably call them.

Lolly slept under the covers under my legs last night which she never does. It made me feel a lot better. Reece is not as sensitive to my moods as Lolly is but I kept scooting him closer to me and pretending like he was trying to make me feel better too

Several people who work at the shelter came and asked me where Willow was because they didn't recognize me without her in my arms. I bursted into tears every time I tried to say she got adopted. I'm such a wuss. Shelter work is so emotionally hard on me but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thanks so much everyone.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly, I would hardly classify you as a wuss. You have such a big heart to be able to send Willow to someone who needed her desperately. I constantly question myself as to how I'm going to handle rescue work. The 2 that we have now that we have tried to adopt out, just about ripped my heart out just thinking about them leaving. You are an awesome person and you are my heroine. You will find your perfect match who needs you desperately.

Karen, you are not a kind person! lol You had me in tears too. What a cool poem.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Aly,
    Sorry that I forgot to say bp (before poem),
    that Willow is indeed an Adorable little
    sweetie.I'd take her in a minute ! Your
    ability to see the soul of animals that
    you meet in your work and know exactly whats
    needed by them is a gift.You can and do
    help so many of the little guys.Bless you...
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Karen...WOW! I was able to contain myself until I read that magnificent poem of yours! Now I must read through puffy, tear filled eyes! Simply beautiful beyond words.

Alyn, I know how hard it is to give up a pup. When I went to pick up Bonnie, we also took her sister Bella. Both are terrier crosses. Bella and Bobbie both have separaton anxiety, Bella's got so bad that she was tearing up floors and getting into things all the time. We finally had to make the decision to give her away. We found a small family to take her, the mother was home al the time and fell in love with her. It was so hard to let her go. Bobbie fell into a depression for awhile until we got Chester, she is fine as long as he is with her. You have such a big heart. I have considered volunteering at the Humane Society but feel that it would be far to hard on me, I get far to attached to fast. Hope you feel better, and remember you did the right thing.

Aly~

Willow is such a cutie! I know you would've given her a GREAT home but, from what you've told us, it sounds like she has a terrific home with people who will spoil her rotten. What a big, big heart you have--especially for thinking of the future 'rejects' that might not be as adoptable. (I really dislike the term 'reject'...we'll hafta come up with another term. )

Here's a {hug} to you, Aly!

Like my new sig pic? I'll probably change it soon because it misleads people into thinking those are all my dogs. But I had fun getting together the pictures of all the scruffies that stole my heart.

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: aly ]
    Alyson

Oh Aly! Precious pics!!! I love a scruffy pup!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Karen your poem is just beautiful! I think if we could be inside Willow's mind that is exactly what she is thinking.

Aly, I love your new signature. I just hope your landlord doesn't read Pet Talk! LOL! You will have some explaining to do!!

I love it Aly!!!

Aly, the word 'terrier' hasta fit in there somewhere! lol

How about:

The Scruffier & Harrier
    The Merrier the Terrier!

Hehe, thanks Tonya. I was trying to fit terrier in but couldn't find a way to do it. Great job!
    Alyson

Aly, your signature picture is just adorable, all of the pups are so cute, but where is Shiloh? LOL
    Jackie