Thread: Is This Dog Being Treated Poorly?

Is This Dog Being Treated Poorly?

We went up to our relatives for Easter and there was this little dog running around. My sister was told where it lived and brought it back. The next day that same puppy was out running around in peoples yards on the street. Well my sister and I brought the dog back again. We went to the house where it lived and knocked. We waited a while when we heard foot steps. NO ANSWER. My sister saw them peek out and heard them say "dont anwer it." We knocked again and finally they decided that they would answer the door. I asked one of the kids that anwered the door what the dogs name was. She hesitated but finally said "Acey." This may not sound too major but it kept me thinking do they not want the dog. Ok what really confuses me is that they have a fenced in yard and still they let it out the front where it can run around. This happend twice. There are no scrathes on her. I know it isnt really any of my buisness but if they are treating this dog poorly then maybe it is. Please Tell Me Any Thing You Think About This.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

I think letting a poor doggy run loose outside IS mistreatment. It sounds like they don't want the dog at all anyway

Is there any way you can go back to your relatives' house and maybe go ask the people if they'd like to give you the dog? Then you can rehome it or take it to a rescue group or no-kill shelter?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

We will be going up there sometime soon. I thought about that and soon decided if I saw the dog again I would ask them If I could have her. She is a sweetheart. She is a big puppy. They said she is a minature collie. WHATEVER! She lookes to me like a lab mix. She does point though. It's not fair to her if such a wonderful dog gets wasted with not so wonderful owners.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Good luck! Let us know if you need any help!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

A sure sign that they don't want the dog is them not answering the door and letting the dog run loose in the neighborhood. I'd call Animal Control if they won't let you take her.

I can't stand people who sluff off their responsibility onto someone else. It makes me sick.

Keep us posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I absolutly hate it when people get a dog and they know that they won't be able to take care of it and then they just dump it when they dont want it they dont even take the time to find it a good home. I will see what I can do about this next time we go up there which is hopefully soon.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Do you have a shelter or SPCA in your area? I would call or dog control to pick up the pup. Here, it's $75 dollars the first time your dog goes in, and every time after that the price keeps doubling. Maybe after the first few times they'll get tired of it, or not even go at all, so the pup can have a chance to have a good home
    I've been BOO'd!

We have a Humane Society a half an hour from here, they might have one up there though. Hopefully that will teach those people a lesson! I just dont get why people do that in the first place. It makes me . They also have one up there to...it has a website also. I'll keep you updated!
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

"Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you will still land among the stars."
    Good Luck!
    [color=royal blue]LOVING MOMMY TO MY FUR BABY, RUSTY![/COLOR]

THANX SOOOO MUCH TO POPCORNBIRD FOR THE GREAT SIG!!!!
    DOGLOVRFOREVR