Thread: Dog Alert in Iowa

Dog Alert in Iowa

Wasn't really sure where to post this, So decided to post in general as most of you come here. Those of you that live in Iowa, Please read and respond. This new law in Iowa is horrible to the dog and pet owners. It is my opinion that the people in office in Iowa are mormons. Please read very important

Just thought it would be important information to those who live in Iowa. You can be assured I won't be going to Iowa no time soon.

Last edited by oodlesofpoodles; 04-20-2003 at 07:48 AM.

Did I read that correctly?? ANY dog who is unleashed may be destroyed at the property owners descretion??
    That is an outrage
    If that were the case here, this morning on our walk I saw a sheltie off leash, 2 labs off leash, and a golden retriever off leash--maybe I'm misunderstanding
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

No You did not misunderstand the article. People with dogs in Iowa should be outraged by this. and the fact that the dogs are to be muzzled at all times. Give me a Break

OMG!! That is just unbelievable. I have never heard of going to such extremes. I mean do they really have the big of a dog problem?? I couldn't imagine taking my little Cisco out with a muzzle on or any pet as far as that goes!!
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

That is crazy!

It also says:

Furthermore, any dog that enters another person’s property may be immediately seized and destroyed by the property owner without liability. No exceptions are made for dogs on their own private property.

Are they kidding, even dogs on your own property are subject to be destroyed

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

OMG So,the way that bill reads, if ( I lived in Iowa and ) I let my dogs out into the yard and my neighbor didn't like that I had dogs, they could destroy them with no consequences?!?! That is awful, infuruating, I can't even think of the write words!! I hope the Iowans write their lawmakers and have this wording changed before the idiots pass it!!!

There are many states that have some outrageous things going on will try to post the link.

hope this works

It didn't work so go to the link I listed first then click on legislative alerts, and it will pull up the different things going on. Have fun reading and some will make you so mad But this is a very informative site.
    Last edited by oodlesofpoodles; 04-20-2003 at 08:56 AM.

I cannot believe that. I was really hoping I had misunderstood.
    It is absolutely infuriating.
    In their own yards????
    muzzles at all times????
    couldn't you just see all of the PT doggies with muzzles on?? I mean seriously--I do have a muzzle (we had to get one for Kito), but they won't wear it--they pull it off. I think the muzzle would make my dogs mean, not protect anyone.
    What a moronic, idiotic thing to even write down. These legistators should be ashamed of themselves.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

AWWWWK! I read the legislation and I'm ashamed of my state. You can tell NON-dog owners wrote it. I've written my letter and I'm hoping they get a flood of mail.

I don't muzzle my dogs. They aren't dangerous, but under this legislation I could be in trouble when I take them out in public (geez, even letting them out the back door in our own FENCED backyard could be a problem).