Thread: Cat litter

Cat litter

Does anyone know a really good cat liiter brand? I tried a few but they didn't work to well. I can't seem to find a good one that actually works.

Thanks for the great signature FloppsyLadySally89

sorry I cant be much help, my cat goes out side . maybe try a paper based, I would use thoughs because they are reused paper.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I used to use the Arm & Hammer litter. It works pretty good...comes in a fresh scent...and it clumps really well. Last week, I found a litter called "Swheat Scoop" *at least, I think that was the name...its a "wheat" litter...and it's really good with absorbing the odor. Pookie Bear (my cat) approves of it too
    There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti

Arm and Hammer is really good. I agree with you.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Thanks for the help, I'll try to find the Swheat Scoop and use it.

Thanks for the great signature FloppsyLadySally89

I've tried all kinds of litters. The silicon beads are the worst. I've tried the all natural kind made of sawdust pellets. They work okay. But you have to remove the solid waste or else it stinks up the place. It does a good job on the urine. As soon as the stuff turns to sawdust then you just replace it.

I now use Premium Scoopable Cat Litter. I get a 50 lb bag for $10. It's 99% dust free and my cats like it.

Good luck in your search for the perfect kitty litter.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I've tried many kinds of litter too. I used to use Swheat Scoop but it seemed too dusty to me. I've now been using Ever Clean Unscented Extra Strength Litter. It clumps very hard and the cats seem to love it too. It's kind of expensive but if I buy it at Pet Club it's reasonable and it lasts a long time too. It comes in 4 different formulas. The scented one is probably better for odor control but I didn't want to buy this one because sometimes the scented ones will be too strong for my cats noses and they won't like them. Good luck.

Hi,

I've also experimented a lot. The two big problems I have are dust and tracking. So far the best I've come across is Ever Clean Low Tracking Formula ... it clumps well, has a "mild" fresh odor control scent, no dust and tracks "less". Here is their website http://www.everclean.com/ if you'd like more information.

I have heard the arm and hammer litter is very good but haven't been able to find any (I live in Canada and I'm not sure if its available here?).

There are a lot of great discussions and reviews at http://www.epinions.com/pets-Cats-Litter-All that you might find interesting. Its great if you want to know about the pros and cons of each type.

Hope this helps,
    Anne and Darwin

mine

My cats use Lasting Pride.
    ~*~*~*MARY*~*~*~