Thread: This makes me sick!

This makes me sick!

My niece has a now five month old pitt bull/terrier mix puppy. She has had her since she was eight weeks old. She is a very sweet tempered dog and loves to give kisses and play tug with her rope. She has gone to obedience school and for her age did very well in the puppy class.

Recently new neighbors have moved into the house next door and are renting. Immediately there were problems and a lot of traffic at this house - at all hours of the night and day. So you get the picture.

Action within the neighborhood is being taken. However, what upsets me is that from the highest authority (allow me to be vague here) my niece has been advised to not keep her dog outdoors during the day or night.

Why? Pitt bull pups especially the sweet young ones are used as "bait" for the older pitts to learn how to kill - by certain groups. They feel certain her puppy will be stolen.

Happily the neighbors are rallying around my niece and offering to keep her dog during the day while my niece works. The neighbors have fallen in love with the puppy because she is so sweet. Many are bringing over bags of treats just to have a chance to see her. But the problem is that she is so sweet and trusting - she might go with anyone.

When my niece adopted her puppy from the SPCA, many people before her had applied for the adoption, but they were all turned down.
    The SPCA was very careful in placing her.

I just pray she continues to be safe and can live a long life being the sweet dog she is.

Sorry, but this has upset me all day.

gini - This kind of stuff disgusts me too. It sounds like your niece has provided the perfect doggy home and I'm sure she'll ensure that her puppy not be stolen. Its awful that she will have to go to such extents, but at least the dog will be safe. I understand your feelings. I wish there weren't so many awful people in this world
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Gini, I know the problem, it happens down here in San Diego. The gangs here love those poor pitbulls for that purpose. That is one reason we don't walk our dogs on the street here, many times they walk their dogs and they are loose and we won't take a chance on having something happen. Pitbulls get a bad
    rep, but it's not the dogs it's the people who have them. I will hope and pray her dog will always be safe.
    Jackie

That's horrible! Some people! Grrrrrr! At least your neice's puppy will be alright. It's good her neighbors are willing to help. I hope those bad neighbors are out of the picture soon!

It's allways sad to have to give a dog away. I got a dog so that my older one who is three (I've had her a year) would have alittle play mate unfortunatley my dog got so depressed that i had to give the little one back. Even though I only had her for 3 days it still hurt to give her away i never had to do that before.

Jess