Thread: 2 week old kittens

2 week old kittens

I was at petsmart today, and they had 2, 2 week old kittens there! not in the cages, but the lady was holding them. and I got to hold one for a couple minutes, oh I have never held one that tiny before! they are so sweet! little tiny meows! tiny little heads and feet!

I'm up to my ears in 2 week and 2 day old kittens. You want some of mine? Hehehe just kidding I'm glad you got to hold a little bundle of joy. Sweet little things, aren't they?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly
    I wish I could, I would take some off your hands! how do you do all that you do for so many cats/kittens?
    both my mother and I were tempted...but it's not the right time, I can't care for them properly right now, financially or energy wise.
    you have to watch kittens that age 24 hrs a day don't you? they are alot of work, but well worth it I'm sure. it is something I would really like to do, possibly next year I will be able to, hopefully.

how old do the kittens have to be before you can have them around other cats? my mother and i were talking about them as we left the store, and she wondered how our cats would react to them, I said I don't think they could be around them at that age...
    that really gave me the bug to bring home a new cat ...oh dear! I am torn between kittens and an older cat, they had the most beautiful male longhaired orange tabby there! he was a year old.

Since you can't test them for Felv until 8 weeks, they can't be around other cats until then.

For my two day old babies, I'm up and watching them pretty much every hour because its a very crucial time for them right now. I'm trying to do everything I can to give them the strength to survive without their mom I just pray she didn't reject them because they were sick. Thats the hardest thing. You raise a kitten on a bottle, spending every waking moment with them for 8 weeks, then you have to face the possibility that they might test positive. I've never had a positive foster kitten yet, but I know its going to happen sooner or later.

My 2 week babies don't require quite as much attention but they still require a lot. The first days after they are away from mama are the hardest. When they start looking to you as mama, things get much easier.

Its HARD work, especially living alone with no one to help me. But its also the most rewarding work ... eek, I'm gonna make myself cry.
    Alyson

you are a saint to those lucky kittens!

I don't know how you do it , with your other pets and all... how many other pets do you have?

I have 1 cat, 2 dogs, a foster dog, then all my foster kitties. So only the 2 dogs and 1 cat are mine, although my foster dog will probably live out the rest of her life with me.

My dogs are great kitty watchers
    Alyson

Aly I had kittens one time in my life and I remember quite well how much work and how much fun it is.
    I t is so wonderful that there are people out there like you take care of the little ones